Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - failure to store new settings (tt5)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

failure to store new settings (tt5)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockpebblar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: failure to store new settings (tt5) Reply with quote

I have just loaded the voice warnings for speed cams, followed all procedures and activated on my mitac mio, rebooted mio and new settings relating to voice warnings have not been saved. can anyone please advise me? am I saving to wrong place? had previously deleted all speed cameras and reloaded latest version direct into gb file, all seems ok until reboot.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check you haven't accidently locked your SD Card.
rockpebblar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: none storage of changes Reply with quote

can confirm that sd card was locked but after unlock I altered one of the speed cams to the appropriate warning and the change was not stored after ending program and restarting. Any more views please? appreciate help
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The .bmp, .ov2 and .ogg files should all go in the appropriate map folder on your storage card.

Quote:
rebooted mio

Which Mio have you got and do you mean 'reboot' or soft re-set?
rockpebblar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: failure to save settings on restart of program Reply with quote

sorry for the mistake, I should have posted on tt5 forum, I have the mio 168. I used the new system from Ray which installs the voice warnings into the data chk file in the programs/navigator file on palm. all the warnings work fine and I can put them onto the appropriate camera but when I close the program down and restart the program the warnings have not been saved (I have same trouble with saving home destination)
regards
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I used the new system from Ray which installs the voice warnings into the data chk file in the programs/navigator file on palm

The datachk way is the old way of doing it. Get the .ogg files from HERE where you get a choice of Soft, Loud or no siren before the warning.

When setting up decide how many seconds warning you require and use the following:-

Mph - 30s - 20s - 15s – 10 secs warning.

70 - 1173- 782 - 587 - 391 yards
60 - 1026- 684 - 513 - 342
50 - 879 - 586 - 440 - 293
40 - 732 - 488 - 366 - 244
30 - 588 - 392 - 294 - 196
20 - 441 - 294 - 221 - 147
For mobiles you need a minimum of 440 yards and many people use a minimum of 880 yards.

If you want a 30 second warning say at 50 mph then set the distance to 879 yards, if it's a 20 second warning then use 586 yards.

One other thing, look in your map folder and see if you have a .cfc file, one for each map you are using. If you can't see one look on your device. I can't remember exactly where but i think it's in Programme Files - TomTom. I may be wrong but it's there somwhere. Just cut and paste the file into your map folder. Should your battery go flat your favourites etc will then be safe on the SD Card.

Hope you are getting nearer to a solution.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have moved the whole thread to a more suitable location.

Locate the file with an extension of .cfg (it will be in your map folder) copy this to the PC, right click it and select properties, untick the Read Only check box then copy the file back to your map folder. This will fix the POI warnings and the saving Home location etc.

I would look at using the ogg file method for warnings as this is easier than the data.chk swap and it works on TTN vs5, please try This Page for some details as to what you need to do - put the original data.chk back in place first though - I am some what confused when you mention Palm though as this is a different platform to the mio you started the thread with?
rockpebblar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: mio- failure to save changes Reply with quote

thank you for both sets of advice. I will explore them bothl I am very old and easily confused so made mistake re mio/palm. again...many thanks am converting all files to ogg files and will put in map file
regards Confused
rockpebblar
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't convert files to ogg type as this is not required, if you follow the instructions I gave earlier that will sort out the read only file problem - once this is addressed and fixed we can move on to the next phase.

The spoken camera warnings are easy to install and configure, follow the link in my post above and read the instructions, they will lead you to the ogg download page where you can select a file set and siply install the warnings which are supplied free of charge correctly named to match the speed camera database - Mike
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
look in your map folder and see if you have a .cfc file

Sorry, typo, I should have said .cfg NOT .cfc Embarassed

Quote:
Locate the file with an extension of .cfg (it will be in your map folder)

Should be Mike but when I had my Mio 168 and told to look for the .cfg file in the map folder, it wasn't there. For some reason it has installed on the Device.

One other thing rockpebblar, if you have a lot favourites etc., it's a good idea to copy and paste the .cfg file to a folder on your hard drive. Should you, for whatever reason, delete them, you can easily copy and paste back from your hard drive to the map folder.
rockpebblar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: file saving Reply with quote

appears to have solved it with cfg file...many many thanks Laughing
rockpebblar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: voice files Reply with quote

have copied the voice files from your link and have activated them, you can rest on your laurels now...many thanks you have solved a long standing problem with the cfg file

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: