Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOM TOM One query anyone got any answers please?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOM TOM One query anyone got any answers please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimsta
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: TOM TOM One query anyone got any answers please? Reply with quote

Hi, Bit of a long one here but, here go's - Was bought a Tom Tom one for Chrimbo, real pleased with it, have dropped loads of points of interests on it and am real made up.
Ok here's the niggley bit, downloaded Camera updates from here and dropped them on it and set them and enabled them - Now from where i live i could see one of the cameras (Gatso) two roads away, but showed up an icon of a Hair salon ? This really shot my head away because when i went into my enabled points of interest (all enabled) mysteriously they all showed up as hair salon (Gatso Gatso 30, Gatso 40, Etc Etc) However when i linked up to my pc i could not see the "Hair Salon" Icon?
I decided to start again - i took all P.O.I. out and dropped them slowly back on watching out for the mysterious "Hair Salon" Icon..... nothing !
Again set the Camera's and again showed up as Hair Salon Icons ?
What is going on ? The only way around it was to drop down to "UK speed Zoned Complete" files, this way i at least get a warning and it tells me what it is at least, but lose out because it appears the "uk consolidated by type" files come up with "Hair Salon" icon - i have also carefully used the ogg files against each bitmap and ov2 file and correctly named them as instructed to ensure i have voice camera warnings for each individual camera, -(ie "GATSO 30") Etc
i am now scared to go back to my desired / Preferred file type due to this error and feel disapointed that i can only use the "UK speed Zoned Complete" files, i would much prefer the "uk consolidated by type" files because it gives you Camera type - A visual warning with speed if Neccessary - and a verbal speed of the expected camera.
Please advise and help, this would be much appreciated, Version 6.560 If any other info is needed please ask.
Regards
Slimsta
entwood
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along with the ov2 file you should have an identically named .bmp file in the folder

ie .. for the specs cameras..

pocketgps_uk_specs.bmp
pocketgps_uk_specs.ov2

if you don't seethe .*** part o a file .. got to

tools / folder options / view and untick the box labelled "hide extensions for knwon file types"

If you DON't have the corresponding .bmp your system wil use whatever it "thinks" is the nearest.

in your case .. Hair salons !!!! Smile
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea why you are getting the wrong icon showing...
BUT... I think you are getting confused over the download options.

The "speed-zoned" set gives you everything the "consolidated" set gives you AND MORE.

If you have the "consolidated" set, all you will see on screen is whether it is a Gatso/Redlight/Specs/Mobile etc.

But if you have the "speed-zoned" set, you will see on screen whether it is a Gatso/Redlight/Specs/Mobile etc. AND the speed for each.
Also the voice alert will tell you the camera type AND the speed.

Go for the speed-zoned set. It is the best option.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

entwood wrote:

If you DON't have the corresponding .bmp your system wil use whatever it "thinks" is the nearest.

I have never heard of this.
If the .bmp icon file is missing, you just get a red square on screen instead.
slimsta
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for replying - real good of you,
It is red squares i am getting, all of the bitmap camera icons, think i had 21 of them, so left me real confused why did it do this ?
and how do i prevent it from being red squares or "Hair salon icons" ?
It is real hard work changing all of these icons to the shown below individually :
pocketgps_uk_specs.bmp
pocketgps_uk_specs.ov2
pocketgps_uk_specs.ogg
Is there an easier way than manually doing each one, or is it the long way and no other?
Regards
Slimsta
cazmar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: poi Reply with quote

Isnt there a limit to the poi that can be stored or shown at any one time.I am assuming that if he has "downloaded " loads of poi especially all the speed cams then it is only showing what it can?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the red squares are the default generated icon when the bmp file doesn't match the ov2 file name, have you been re-naming files? - if so could you have a read of This pay attention to the bit about file extensions, it could be you have named the icon files .bmp.bmp
If this isn't the case simply download the speed zoned file set again and copy the icons (.bmp files without re-naming) straight to your map folder, it is possible your download was corupt - Mike
UncJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, if you installed the .bmp files too then I agree it sounds like a corrupted .zip file to me or problems with the zip software you used to unzip it.

As regards changing one set of icons for the speed zoned ones then you don't have to do each one indiviually, simply select the ones you want to remove in one go and cut and paste the new set straight in.

You will have to setup each one of the zoned cameras for audible alerts which is a pain, but once you have done this once there's no need to have to do it again when you next update the camera database on your SD card.
slimsta
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike & uncj, took up on your advice, took the old data.chk file out dropped the original one back in from my orig back up, then took out the consolidated bitmaps and relevant files, followed the link - and unticked a few boxes where needed (ie tools, otpions etc) and re downloaded the speed zoned files dropped them in with the renamed ogg files and it picked them up.
All seems fine, have ALL set up on voice warnings, and they are all working fine, MANY THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT,
Just a couple of other issues to anyone still looking at this post -
When new updates are available what am i downloading - obviously the same "speed zoned" files, but do i just copy and paste into my map folder again?
And wait for the "do you want to replace prompt"? do i add the bitmaps? or is it just the files without bitmaps? and Does this mean if i do this, i have to reset all of them again as i have this time ?
Ie meaning manage all my poi again and individually set a distance etc?
Slimsta
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just copy the OV2 Files to the Map Folder.

There is no need to go into Manage POIs again. The warning settings are not overwritten.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
slimsta
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS VERY MUCH, REALLY APPRECIATE IT !
Top site, and really helpful, impressed, and you guys full of knowledge, i'm sure i'll come across more hicups or have more questions at some stage, once again
Thanks all.
Slimsta

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: