Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One Europe, Cameras Download.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One Europe, Cameras Download.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bingalau
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: TomTom One Europe, Cameras Download. Reply with quote

I'm new to this sat. Nav caper, however I have managed to use the TomTom One straight from the box as I expected. But I then got adventurous and ordered the camera thingy. Now I am completely confused. I must say I have never come across such a complicated set up in my life. I haven't a clue how to get it onto my device. When I have tried I have been sidetracked by the whole TomTom site becoming unavailable for some reason. After asking for advice I have received mails which are so complicated the Society for Speaking English or whatever it's called would give up even trying. There seems to be no step by step guide to do anything on the site. Perhaps it's me? Maybe I am thick. But I am at the stage where I have given up even trying. I think I will just forget I have paid for the item and maybe I will wake up in the morning and find it has all been just a nightmare. ..Bingalau..
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you having problems with the TomTom supplied camera database or the one from this site?
Have a read through This Guide which explains how to download, install and configure the database from this site on a tomtom product - please note these instructions were for the Go-910 but if you ignore the part about Text To Speech they are applicable.

I don't use the TomTom cameras as you cannot configure them in the same way as true POI files - have a read through the guide and see what you think, this sites database is also cheaper (not what you want to hear if you have just payed TomTom though) - Mike
Bingalau
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikealder. Thanks for reply, I will read your instructions properly as soon as I have dealt with my morning mail. Yes it is the TomTom supplied cameras. ... If I have any success or not, I will get back to this site and let you know. ..Bingalau..
Bingalau
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder. I have just read through your instructions and although they still look very complicated to me I will have a go at it later today. Maybe when I read through them a second time they will look a bit less complicated. Once again. Thanks for the help. ..Bingalau..
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingalau wrote:
Mikealder. Thanks for reply, I will read your instructions properly as soon as I have dealt with my morning mail. Yes it is the TomTom supplied cameras. ... If I have any success or not, I will get back to this site and let you know. ..Bingalau..
The guide that Mike pointed you to IS NOT for the TomTom supplied cameras!

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Bingalau
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BGF. Are you advising me not to use it? ..Bingalau..
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingalau wrote:
BGF. Are you advising me not to use it? ..Bingalau..
I'm advising you that the guide Mike pointed you to specifically relates to the download and installation of the Camera Database from the www.pocketgpsworld.com site.

I'm afraid that Mike presumed that because you were asking for help here, it related to the Camera Database from here!

TomTom's own Camera information no longer works in this way, so you need a guide specific to setting up TomTom's Camera information. I imagine that there will be information on the TomTom web site. I'd be surprised if somebody here hasn't written a guide, although I can't find it at the moment. Embarassed

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Bingalau
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BGF. O.K. Thanks for that and I will be a bit wary. I am trying to get answers from the TomTom site, but they seem very slow in everything they do. ..Bingalau..
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingalau wrote:
BGF. O.K. Thanks for that and I will be a bit wary. I am trying to get answers from the TomTom site, but they seem very slow in everything they do. ..Bingalau..
Does this page throw any light on it?

Bingalau
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BGF. Thanks again for that. It probably will help when I get the download onto my computer and then onto my device. But it now seems to me that, because I ordered and paid for the camera's when I got my device new, then had to return it because of a fault. The replacement device has a different number which may be what is causing my problems. ..Bingalau..
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you're waiting, it might be worth chucking £2 at this site and trying "ours" Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: