Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem: TT5 with BT-77v2 GPS "No GPS Device" on S
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem: TT5 with BT-77v2 GPS "No GPS Device" on S
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Problem: TT5 with BT-77v2 GPS "No GPS Device" on S Reply with quote

I know it sounds like another noob post but reading through the forum, people are having alot of trouble with this.

First off I have an Orange SPV M600. I imagine alot of the solutions to this problem will probably lead to registry hack suggestions. Problem with that is you cant seem to be able to unlock the SPVM600 to use registry editors like on previous versions of the SPV (read on orange developers forum).

My problem is, as it was when i first used TT3 with this reciever on a SPV M2000, it wouldnt get a connection. In TT3, the problem was setting com to port 5 or 6 and dissabling incoming beams... the software would then communicate with the GPS Reciever and things went fine.... for a while.

Then I purchased TT5 and got a SPV M600 from work, now i seem to be in a hole new area of problems. I feel like i've tried everything apart from registry hacks but suffice it to say, the only message i get when connecting to the GPS reciever inside TT5 is "No GPS Device!" when using "Other GPS Device". When i select "TOM TOM GPS", i get a more exciting message "Connecting to GPS Device" then 30 seconds later im dissapointed by a quick flashing message "No GPS Device". It then goes back to "Connecting to GPS device" this goes on forever and I feel like smashing it to peices because of it.

When setting up a partnership with my device i tick the option "Serial Port" then go into TOM TOM GPS Setting and select "Other GPS" and select "Serial Port"... hey presto... "NO GPS DEVICE"

I guess the problems are related to my com ports as serial port does nothing. Problem with that is, I only have 6 and 7 available when making a new Outgoing Port in Bluetooth settings and both of them say "No GPS Device" when in TT5 even though I have paired my BT GPS with my M600, TT5 still denies it exists. This has become so very frustrating.

* Does anybody know what EXACT port works with the BT-77v2 GPS, i.e does it have to be Com 5 like on TT3?
* Could this have anything to do with the GPS Driver? Reading through the sitcky thread about BT receivers seemed to clear up some questions about earlier version of Tom Tom but very little was said about TT5.
* Is there a none registry hack way to get the rest of my com ports available. I upgraded from TT5 to TT5.21 and still no joy!
* Is com ports even the problem or am i just reading into all the other posts on this forum?
* Is TOM TOM 5 just trying to make me pay for sins in a former life?
* Does my device have "connectile disfunction"? It cant perform its bloody duty!!!
* Am I ever going to find my way home - help, I'm trapped in Wales Sad

Any help would be appreciated.

Nicho
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In TT5 are you choosing "other BT device" to apir with? If so you could try "other NMEA" and see if that works. You may need to experiment a bit with com ports and Baud rate
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Nicho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, i love you!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you have selected the serial port profile, you need to then assign a new com port, go to the com port tab and select new outgoing port, then select the GPS device, press next, and on the final screen select the com port from the drop down box, not too sure of the exact one for this device (try Com 0 as a start point though), then press finish - Mike
phi001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have an M600 and should be receiving the BT 77 Bluetooth GPS today.
Already got Tomtom 5 up and running.
Have you got the receiver working Nicho?
If you have any advice on setting up the GPS receiver etc, it would be very helpful!

Thanks
Nicho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I got it working last night, dead simple really, no registry hacks required which is what i was fearing as the M600 at the minute seems unhackable. There are several ways including messing about with what Peterc10 said but i found the easiest way was....

Pair your reciever with ur M600 through Comms Manager - Bluetooth Settings

Tick profile "serial port" when asked.

Go to com ports and add a new outgoing com port for BT GPS (Com 6)

Go back into TOM TOM, select "OTHER GPS DEVICE" and select COM 6 which should now be available.

Should start connecting to the the GPS and getting a fix... if it says "NO GPS DEVICE" start using harsh language.
phi001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, hope there will be no need for the language, but we will see.....!
Sounds easy enough, will try as soon as i pick up the receiver this afternoon.
Thanks again
Nicho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, i dont know if it helps but i always dissable "incoming beams" before setting up the GPS, I have had a nightmare on previous versions with other transmitters on the device messing it up. On the SPV M500, Flight Mode got my knickers in a twist too.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicho wrote:
Thank you, i love you!

WOW ... a groupie at last ... better late than never

Oh no ..... now I've read your other post and realise it is only because my tip helped (that can be read more than one way - oooo matron).

How fickle love is .... :D
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
phi001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldn't get it to work for ages, had to untick the 'secure connection' box when creating the outgoing port, this seemed to work. Did you do this?

However, it keeps going to 'no gps device' every few minutes.........
think i'm being thick.... left the receiver in the garden to get a good signal....how close to my phone does it have to be?

Got them, closer and it seems to keep the signal...fingers crossed!

Thanks for all your help.
phi001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i put the receiver inside, it seemed to loose a couple of satellites and signals dropped even more when i plugged the receiver in to charge, is this normal?!
phi001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried it out a few times now, signal is much better in the car than it was inside the house.Although it is very power hungry! Seems to run the battery down quite a lot.

Thanks for your help!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to invest in a car charger cable to power the device while in use in the car, otherwise it will flatten the battery pack very quickly - Mike
phi001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, yes i will be!

Was wondering though... the Bt77 came with a cigarette lighter adapter with a USB socket in the top so that you can use the standard USB cable to charge it. Could i use this for my M600?! Voltage is the same as my mains charger but (from what i remember, at work now!) the mA rating was lower on the cigarette lighter adapter. Will this just take longer to charge than ususal?

Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it will work, I use my Holux 236 car lead for a number of different devices, so you can do the same with the BT77 charger lead. So long as its good for 500mA or more you will be OK, if its higher than this figure all the better - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: