Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Big Thank You
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Thank You

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sturgi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Big Thank You Reply with quote

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all you guys and girls who have helped me so far. I now have a 2gb card (taken from my camera hopefully to be replaced with a 4gb card) I have the GPS World UK camera database loaded with different distances set for each one and I have just downloaded the Customised POI warning sounds. This will be loaded tomorrow to add the finishing touches.

With all the advice so far my confidence has grown and hopefully I will be able to offer other newbies advice.

Thanks again :D

Ian
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Big Thank You Reply with quote

sturgi wrote:
Just wanted to say a big thanks to all you guys and girls who have helped me so far. I now have a 2gb card (taken from my camera hopefully to be replaced with a 4gb card) I have the GPS World UK camera database loaded with different distances set for each one and I have just downloaded the Customised POI warning sounds. This will be loaded tomorrow to add the finishing touches.

With all the advice so far my confidence has grown and hopefully I will be able to offer other newbies advice.

Thanks again :D

Ian
Without checking back, I'm not sure if I personally helped you, but on behalf of all the regulars I'd like to thank you for your thanks Exclamation It is very encouraging to have someone come back and let us know that we've been of assistance Exclamation As you know, the regulars & (as far as I know) the mods all give our assistance freely - we were all newbies once and we, in turn, learned from others - and while we don't expect a huge payoff for our time, it can be frustrating when you try to help out and can't tell whether the problem has been fixed or the OP has just given up in disgust, either with us or with their shiny new toy Crying or Very sad

Once again, many thanks Exclamation

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
TomDavison
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Tom Tom, but my advice is not to use such a big card on your camera. I went to a wedding last year, and I only had two 256Mb cards, so I had to swap after the wedding and before the reception. When I got home, I found that the reception card had failed, and even professional recoverers couldn't get the data back. But at least I had the first half. If you regularly download, you don't need a huge card. If you don't regularly download, you've got all your eggs in a very dodgy basket. With a 7 megapixel camera, you get over 1400 high res jpegs on a 4Gb card. Could you afford to lose that many?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: