Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Why can't I get to my backup to delete Speed Cameras?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Why can't I get to my backup to delete Speed Cameras?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobbin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Why can't I get to my backup to delete Speed Cameras? Reply with quote

I have been having problems with POI capture and the speed camera database on my TomTom 510 using 6.522 software. I have decided to reload the factory settings and put the backup back on when I first got the TomTom. The problem is that when I restore the backup the PocketGPSWorld camera database is still stored in the POI listing. Why is it still there? Evil or Very Mad
It wasn't on the TomTom when I did the backup and yet when I restore the backup that was done before I added the Database, it still appears on my TomTom?

Help would be much appreciated, I think I am going crazy Laughing
Bobbin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very odd, I have checked the software and it has reverted to software version 6.510 but nothing else has gone back to the original settings, PocketGPS database is still there!
Also when I use TomTom Home it tells me there is no updates, even though I know there is Version 6.522 Rolling Eyes

Help 8O
Bobbin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I have 6.522 back, and things appear to be back apart from the Pocket GPS database being still there. Even the sounds have reverted, only the database still on, any ideas?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the POI listed on the device or just listed within the TomTom Home application?
If you want to get rid of them you can do this using the device go to Change Preferences/ Manage POI/ Delete POI Category and select each POI in turn.
Or a much faster way dock the device and use TomTom Home, select Delete from TomTom then check each box adjacent to the POI's you want to remove followed by the "Delete" button.
If the POI's were re-loaded following a re-install of a back-up the back-up must have contained the POI - Mike
Bobbin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the POI are listed on TomTom Home and the device. I have a backup which was taken when I first got the TomTom, so has not been altered. This was the copy I used to backup and for some reason it has the Database still on the TomTom after reloading the backup.
Never mind, seems odd but not the end of the world Wink
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By definition, if the backup doesn't have the cameras on it and you have restored the backup, you won't have cameras!

So either it has, or you haven't!

...I blame "Home".... (as usual Wink)
Bobbin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, that's what I would have thought, imagine my surprise when installing my backup thinking all would revert to it's virgin state and the database still being there 8O

Not to worry, all seems to be ok and working fine now. Made a backup using my card reader now Laughing

TomTom Home I feel has messed up my backup, won't be using TomTom Home anymore Twisted Evil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: