Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sapphire & IPaq 5450 help needed!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sapphire & IPaq 5450 help needed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam_33r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: Sapphire & IPaq 5450 help needed! Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Royaltek Sapphire gps receiver, but it doesnt work with the IPaq 5450. The receiver is not detected at all. I've tried installing usb to serial drivers, but it still doesnt work. The sapphire is not detected at all. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Sam.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no drivers that are required, do you have a keyboard that you plug into the expansion port or bottom sync port ? If so, disable these drivers and it should burst into life. The 5450 really isn't much different to a 3850 and the Sapphire works fine under this.
sam_33r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Still doesnt work! Reply with quote

Hi,

I've tried it many times without drivers as well. I've performed a hard reset and tried it again also, but it still doesnt work. I do not have a keyboard, so that is not an issue. I have tried different navigation software but nothing seems to work. What could be wrong?

Thanks

Sam
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume you do have the RoyalTek plugged into the car accessory socket and the ignition on ? If so, and it's not working then it could be the GPS itself, or the sync port on the Pocket PC, but if you can dock it in an ActiveSync cradle then I'd doubt it's the sync port.

Run a diagnostic on the GPS Receiver, check this article for more information on how to do that and this should tell you whether the GPS is working or not.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/winfastnavigatorppc.php
sam_33r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The power supply to the unit is fine. I have tried running a diagnostic on the receiver, but no data is received by the iPAQ. However, i know that there is nothing wrong with the sync port as it does synchronize with the pc. There is also nothing wrong with the gps receiver because it works with the Medion PDA with which the royaltek gps receiver was bundled with. Are the two incompatible? By looking on the royaltek website, i found that the lead supplied with the royaltek sapphire is compatible with Mitac MIO338 (medion clone) and also the iPAQ H5450. The connector on both PDA's are the same. This is confirmed, because when plugged in, the sapphire power supply is able to charge the iPAQ.
Could it be that the sapphire receiver is set to work only with a Medion handheld? Correct me if i am wrong, but i was under the impression that it should work with the iPAQ as well.

Sam
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! Foiled! The little tiny bit of information you omitted!

The connector on the RoyalTek may work on the Medion PC, but it will not work on the iPAQ. They may look like similar connectors, but they aren't! You will need an iPAQ lead to get this to work. The pin-outs are different between the Medion and iPAQ connectors.

Now if you want to use this on an iPAQ you will have difficulty finding a cable as most GPS Retailers won't sell cables on their own, they only sell the receiver and cable as a bundle.
sam_33r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that! I just realised it myself when i did a search for the pinouts for both handhelds. They are different. Thank you anyway.

Sam
Royaltek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Royaltek cable for rgm2000 Sapphire Reply with quote

Hello, i was surfing on the net when i saw this forum.
I'm from Belgium.
I'm selling Royaltek here. So if you have troubles to find a cable, i can help you if you wan't.
I'm newbee on this forum so i don't have an idea from where you are.
Maybe it costs to much to send to you.

you can contact me if you want on this emailadress:
davyvds@hotmail.com

i also can say you this: The rgm2000 cabel for ipaq 54xx is the same as the ipaq 38/39/22/55xx.
So if you find a cable like this, it must work.

Best regards
Davy
sam_33r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Royaltek cable for rgm2000 Sapphire Reply with quote

For anyone looking for royaltek cables in the UK, they can be found here: http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/accessories.php?product_id=225&category_id=51.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: