Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Removing / Replacing Default Safety Camera Database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Removing / Replacing Default Safety Camera Database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoutTime
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Removing / Replacing Default Safety Camera Database Reply with quote

My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere on the forum, but is it possible to remove the Cyclops Safety Camera Database once my 3 month trial has ended? I've activated the trial but also uploaded the Database from pocket gps world for £2. This means that the same camera often appears twice on the screen and I am inundated with warnings whilst driving. The Cyclops Database appears to be adequate but others have recommended the PGPSW Database as superior. I won't need both so any suggestions??? If I can't remove the Cyclops then I guess I won't have any choice but to carry on with it as using both databases is overkill.
Cheers.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you add Custom POIs to your i3 it should wipe all existing Custom POIs first. Try uploading the PGPSW database on it's own and see if that helps.
BoutTime
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. As I understand it, the Cyclops Cameras aren't located under the custom POIs so they can't be removed this way. To be honest from what I've been able to work out, I prefer how the Cyclops system works. As an example I think PGPSW system alerts you when you are in the vicinity of a camera, even if you're not even travelling on the same road. So if your doing 70mph on the motorway and there is a camera located on a nearby road, you can get a warning that the speed limit is 30mph.
What I'm not sure of yet is whether all the camera types are covered by the Cyclops system. Their own website says they all are except Traffic Signal Cameras. If this is the case I may just put the Traffic Signal cameras from the PGPWS Database onto my Nuvi and have that run alongside the Cyclops.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry it was late, there was alcohol involved and i mis-read "once my 3" as "once my i3".....
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you go to settings, proximity alerts and then un-tick the garmin camera database from there. it will still be installed but you wont get the alerts

MaFt
BoutTime
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
if you go to settings, proximity alerts and then un-tick the garmin camera database from there. it will still be installed but you wont get the alerts

MaFt

Thanks MaFt! I'd seen that option already but didn't make the conection. Would I still see both Databases onscreen?
What I've now opted to try is leaving the Garmin/Cyclops Database installed and then installed the PGPSW Redlight Cameras using the POILoader (and set the warning distance to 300ft). I'll use this for the three months and see how I get on.
Thanks again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: