Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Quest - good Compromise
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Quest - good Compromise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parisis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Quest - good Compromise Reply with quote

I don't notice a lot of folks using the Quest for marine use. I got mine for christmas It shipped (Refurbished) with City Navigator 8.0 and all the latest updates. Installing software , Maps and Blue Chart maps went without incident and the only thing a little disappointing is the lack of access to tide info. Could this be cleared up with a firmware change?

Folks who recommend other units do not realize how important the waterproofing of the Quest is to a small boat owner. I looked at a nice unit from Lowrance that took Nautical maps but it was open in the back and even a rain storm would have ruined it.

I am also using it for Photography road trips where I almost always get lost looking for photo opportunities. It worked great the other day getting me home from some obscure farmland in PA.

All in al for $279 US this is the best multi-use unit I could have gotten.
(had GPSmap76)

Happy New Year all, thanks for all the good info i have gotten from these forums. :D
BeatO
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Great that you're happy with your Quest. I've got mine (Quest 2) some time ago and use it for outdoor activities and in the car.

As I know (read about), your problem with the tide info isn't a thing of a firmware update but simply a functionality which the Quest can't do.

I'm sure you'll get on with it anyway!

Happy new Year!

BeatO

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: