Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - got a new TomTom ONE and have a few ??'s
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

got a new TomTom ONE and have a few ??'s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonySS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: got a new TomTom ONE and have a few ??'s Reply with quote

Hi all.. great forum here. got a few questions..

just got a new TomTom ONE and installed the updated. all went ok.. but there are a few things i can't get to work..

- I can't get the Bluetooth to link with my LG V Cast phone. the phone finds the TomTom and asks for a number. but the TomTom won't find the phone.. what # do i put into the phone???

- is there a way to have the TomTom power on and off with the power of the car?? with the key??

I'm sure i'll have many many more questions but for now this will get me going.. thanks in advance.. 8)
TonySS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTT
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno about the bluetooth bit but i know you cant switch the sat nav via the ignition switch only by the little button on top of the tomtom..
TonySS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zogman wrote:
dunno about the bluetooth bit but i know you cant switch the sat nav via the ignition switch only by the little button on top of the tomtom..

hummm.. bummer.. too bad they didn't think of that when they made this thing. love the unit but that bugs me the most.. Laughing Out Loud
TonySS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone have some info on the bluetooth issues???
TonySS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one??
Hirvevarra
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a mo to read & digest but I'll settle the key thing.

It used to switch via the ignition on key, but the Firmware upgrade means it only powers ON ( providing you have the car charger lead IN. The OFF with ignition feature was there in earlier versions of the TT software....some people have lamented it's passing on this Forum already.

The OFF with ignition facility was likely pulled as some people might want the functionality of the unit to continue, i.e. pulled over to make a call via bluetooth, want to prog a new route 'safely', the list runs on......so it is actually a 'good' thing. Plus it makes you switch it off, reminding you to remove the thing from plain sight & saving the loss to scumbag theives......still think it's a bad idea?

I'm off to trawl the Bluetooth thing, so stay tuned.....i know there are compatability issue with some phones but let's see, shall we

regards
hirve
TonySS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hirvevarra wrote:
Give me a mo to read & digest but I'll settle the key thing.

It used to switch via the ignition on key, but the Firmware upgrade means it only powers ON ( providing you have the car charger lead IN. The OFF with ignition feature was there in earlier versions of the TT software....some people have lamented it's passing on this Forum already.

The OFF with ignition facility was likely pulled as some people might want the functionality of the unit to continue, i.e. pulled over to make a call via bluetooth, want to prog a new route 'safely', the list runs on......so it is actually a 'good' thing. Plus it makes you switch it off, reminding you to remove the thing from plain sight & saving the loss to scumbag theives......still think it's a bad idea?

I'm off to trawl the Bluetooth thing, so stay tuned.....i know there are compatability issue with some phones but let's see, shall we

regards
hirve

GOOD INFO.. true true...

i can't get this to pair with my phone. i have a verizon LG VX9800. the phone sometimes will see the tomtom but the tomtom won't see the phone.. hummm.. things never seem to work easy huh..
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hirvevarra wrote:

The OFF with ignition facility was likely pulled as some people might want the functionality of the unit to continue, i.e. pulled over to make a call via bluetooth, want to prog a new route 'safely', the list runs on......so it is actually a 'good' thing.

No this is incorrect. The feature was removed specifically to cover up a problem with the lousy design of the 510/710/910 mount, where if you went over a bump, it broke contact and switched off.
Rather than fix the problem, they took the easy route and bodged a way to hide it!

I quote:
TomTom Support wrote:
The new GO range is designed to switch off automatically when it detects that the cigarette lighter has no power. When this happens, it assumes that the driver has turned off the engine.

Unfortunately, certain devices react too sensitively to temporary power loss (e.g. due to a bump in the road) and as a result may switch off while you are driving.

Solution
A new application (version 6.11) has been made available. When this application is installed on your device, this issue is solved. We recommend that you always update to the latest application using TomTom HOME, so you always have the latest features and the best performance on your TomTom device.

It is especially annoying as they insist they have improved the mount now, so they could put things back as they were, or even better provide it as a user option.

Hirvevarra wrote:
......still think it's a bad idea?

Yup, sure do! Evil or Very Mad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: