Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GoPal 350 and POI Warner
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GoPal 350 and POI Warner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: GoPal 350 and POI Warner Reply with quote

Hi,

Maybe Im being stupid but I have tried everything but I cant get this to work!

I have installed the software and It runs the once, but when I try to use it again I cannot get past the front page on the unit (where I have just navigation and settings buttons)

How do I add buttons to the front page (this unit has CE net on it and not a CE frontpage).

Cheers
bazz2004
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found your post after trawling through. You may have sorted it but no one replied. I had the same problem due to downloading and installing the wrong version of POI-Warner. I installed the GoPal version instead of that for my navigation software which is Navigator 5.1.

navigating.de will provide a link for downloading the correct version if you contact them with all your registration, transaction details etc. I found it tricky to remove the unwanted version. My GoPal wouldn't operate POI-Warner properly until I managed this. It had to be done via the original installation program. When my computer restarted I checked that all was clear and installed the correct one. This took a lot of work but you will find a small green square when you touch the Navigation button which gives you access to POI-Warner.
philce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did fix it in the end, it involved getting a refund from the shop!

Being serious I had had enough of the support from Medion and decided to take it back. Ill probably get another soon when Im sure it allworks.

Cheers
bazz2004
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do sympathise. My first unit was an Evesham BM6380 - bought after reading some glowing reviews. It turned out to be the worst high tech purchase I ever made and their support was no help. I exchanged it for a GoPal PNA350 with Navigator 5.1 TMC software. This was a revelation and I have been very pleased with it. The only annoyance was that like you I couldn't get POI-Warner working properly. I did seek advice before downloading POI-Warner and I think that Medion support advised the GoPal edition which in my case was the wrong one. The GoPal 350 seems to have had several versions of navigation software. It's all working great now. When your sat nav is functioning OK and you have a relatively minor problem like POI-Warner you are reluctant to fiddle around too much in case you end up rendering the device inoperative.

From what I can see, the Medion units are good. You get a Sirff III aerial which is better than most at getting a fix- the Evesham with a Sirff II took ages and couldn't cope with a coated windscreen. The routes are also reliable. The Evesham always wanted to take me on a tour of our housing estate before cutting to the chase. POI-Warner is also an impressive add on piece of software and the access to speed camera data is only about £8.50 pa.

There's a post from a GoPal 465 owner and the documentation and support from Medion again appears to be letting down a first class product. There's a general failure to look at things from the point of view of first time buyers. Maybe it's the same with all sat nav suppliers. Thank goodness for forums.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: