Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - UK Post codes Nuvi310D and Mapsource
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

UK Post codes Nuvi310D and Mapsource

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roger61
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: UK Post codes Nuvi310D and Mapsource Reply with quote

Hi,
Apologies I originally posted in the wrong forum
I am having a problems with post code recognition in City navigator NT+ v8 on my PC. I am trying to set a route using UK post codes but despite the post codes being in the search drop down box no results are found when I click find. This is not an isolated case, I have 13 out of 16 post codes that are not found. If I enter the same post codes into my Nuvi 310D which I purchased new 3 weeks ago, all the post codes are reognised, The map info on the Nuvi states it is City Navigator NT v8.
Any suggestions would be greatfully received
Regards
Roger61
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: UK postcodes Nuvi 310D and Mapsource Reply with quote

Reference my first post I am advised that the post codes in question are not found on a PC with City Navigator NT+ v9 installed. I cannot beleive that these are the only post codes that are not recognised and I am concerned about upgrading.
On searching my Nuvi files, I cannot find a post code folder. If I upgrade my Nuvi to v9 will the upgrade delete the present pre-installed post codes
Thanks
tynecomp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: UK postcodes Nuvi 310D and Mapsource Reply with quote

Roger61 wrote:
Reference my first post I am advised that the post codes in question are not found on a PC with City Navigator NT+ v9 installed. I cannot beleive that these are the only post codes that are not recognised and I am concerned about upgrading.
On searching my Nuvi files, I cannot find a post code folder. If I upgrade my Nuvi to v9 will the upgrade delete the present pre-installed post codes
Thanks

The post codes are part of the mapping data so updating the maps will bring with it a new set of post codes.
Roger61
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: UK Post codes Nuvi 310D and mapsource Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.
Seems like I won,t be upgrading to v9. Pity, the Nuvi has proved to be a good piece of kit and has all the post codes I require but some of the roads are out of date.
planetnine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who "advised" you Roger? Garmin?
Roger61
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: UK post codes Nuvi 310D and mapsource Reply with quote

I phoned Garmin UK who checked v8 and also v9, they had the same problem and asked me to send an error report to Garmin Cartography. I have submitted the error report and sent a follow up email, now waiting for a reply, but it is Christmas

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: