Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Where to get the firmware 6.522 for the 910?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to get the firmware 6.522 for the 910?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nbg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Where to get the firmware 6.522 for the 910? Reply with quote

I've spend half the day trying to get the RDS/TMC unit working with my 910, with absolutly no luck and zero connections.

I've read that there is a 6.522 firmware out that that has more options that may help (such as setting the frequency), as my 'home' is not showing it as a downloand, does anyone know if it can be downloaded independantly of 'home'?

Many thanks,

Matt.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, what version of software is actually on your device, tap the sat strength meter followed by the version box its to the right of the screen.

If you are below version 6,522 dock the device to the PC, allow it to connect and once TomTom Home starts up click the download updates.

Any updates on your PC then need to be installed to the device, they will be in the middle window of the Home application, if you place the mouse over the text a small popup will appear detailing the version, find the one for 6,522 then select the check box to the adjacent left of the application - finally press the Install button - Mike
gbGo910
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Where to get the Firmware 6.522 for the 910? Reply with quote

When trying to install the new version "Tomtom Application for Go 910" the program runs for some seconds and then replies that the .cab installation file is not present (in German: "Die .cab-Installationsdatei ist nicht vorhanden.").

What now ?? Rolling Eyes

Greg
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, delete the 6522 related cab and toc files from your PC then let tomtom home download the update again, it could be you have a corupt update download file from the first attempt - Mike
nbg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to reply. To summerise - how stupid do I feel!

So I was clicking on the download updates and it was saying there were no updates available, I thought that it would install them automatically and didn't realise that you had to start the installation Embarassed

All sorted, now showing 6.522 :D

I'm not going to be able to test it tonight, but am driving from Bristol to Birmingham tomorrow and will be back on Thursday, so will give the TMC/RDS unit a run then.

There is a lack of documentation with the unit - do you know if there is a setup guide out there?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been in the same position, it downloads the update automatically but doesn't install it, I supose it is one of those things you would hate if it did or didn't depending upon your view!
There is a guide I knocked up earlier last week available to read HERE which details some of the new functionality with respect to RDS-TMC if you want the POI file use my e-mail button to request it - I will send it over as a reply, I find this helps to know the frequency required when tuning the device in manual mode - Mike
nbg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the guide. I need a visit to specsavers, I missed that post as well as instigating the installation!

I'm sending you an email now.

Cheers.

Matt.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: