Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - O2 XDA Mini & TT5 installation problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

O2 XDA Mini & TT5 installation problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonxpress
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: O2 XDA Mini & TT5 installation problems Reply with quote

Ok I have got TT5 working with my ASUS MyPal A636 but trying to install on my O2 XDA Mini & Holox BT-321 Bluetooth receiver without joy. TT5 installs ok, XDA finds GPS Receiver ok but cannot get the 2 to talk to each other ! Anybody have any suggestions ?

With PDA I just select other GPS receiver and Com Port 3 but no such ports on XDA Mini, only 0, 5 & 7 and serial ???

Please help ! Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to have TomTom Navigator version 5,21 for it to work on this device, download it from www.tomtom.com, Also check your e-mail as I have sent you a word document applicable to this device - Mike
dragonxpress
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mike - you're a star. All I need now then is to find TT5.21 on a mini SD Card as I'd rather keep the other permanently left in the PDA. Does anybody know where I can get it from and what I need to pay ???

Cheers guys

Pete Wink
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the application is avail on mini SD (I bet I am proven wrong on this one), if you purchase it on SD card you will have to copy the contents (including hidden files) off the SD card to the PC's hard drive, then insert the mini-SD into the card reader and copy the files to the new card. If you don't have a card reader then I would suggest you look into getting one, they make the transfer of large files so much easier. To get the TTN5,21 simply download it from www.tomtom.com its free, then install the application, its the maps that require activation, the application is free - Mike
dragonxpress
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike - didn't know the program itself was free ? How much is it then for the maps (the original TT5 came with an old PDA I had off work)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should try some of the retailers that advertise to the right of this screen, one such link has TTN5 with UK map for sale at around £86 http://www.easydevices.co.uk/pp/Software//TOMTOM_NAVIGATOR_5_SOFTWARE_WITH_UK_MAPS.html one thing to note though, if you drive on the continent you might be better off with the Maps of Western Europe, where you get 18 countries supplied on CD, purchase your mini SD and load the maps you require to the card - its entirely up to your perceived usage of the device, at the same time of purchasing the Maps etc you could get the mini SD you require (saves on postage, go through each advert to find the best combination deal) - Mike
jonmat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone please email me the Word doc with installation instructions for the XDA Mini S.

Thanks.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonmat wrote:
Can anyone please email me the Word doc with installation instructions for the XDA Mini S.
Please check your inbox you should have the guide to follow - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: