Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ONE Europe vs GO?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ONE Europe vs GO?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muzzyinnit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: ONE Europe vs GO? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I want to get a sat nav system for my dad for Christmas but I'm truly baffled by all the choices available. I do have a rough idea of what I want so hopefully someone can give me an idea of the best one for his needs.

To be honest I still don't know how to decide between Garmin & TomTom but as I'm in a TomTom forum lets stick to those. I can't tell if a ONE Europe or a GO 510, 710 etc would be best for him - features he'd use would be:

- mostly UK maps
- occasionally Western Europe as he intends to drive from UK to Greece (I believe Greece isn't covered by the maps but at least they'd get him to Italy)
- probably use the bluetooth hands-free mobile phone operation.

They all seem to have bluetooth connectivity but apparently don't all offer handsfree mobile phone use and I don't get this distinction. To be honest I can't even see clearly stated anywhere what the differences are between the ONE, 510, 710.

I've also seen mention on this forum of differences in quality of map data between various TomTom versions so would obviously like to get him one with good map data.

Would be very grateful if people could point me in the right direction, and also suggest if there's anything else I should be thinking about?

Cheers,

Muzzy.
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maps are now (or should be) the same. New versions were announced today. Don't buy unless the seller confirms that the map version 6.6 is included!

ONE has bluetooth for getting traffic data only. GB map only. Unless you get the "Europe" version with the bigger card and Western Europe map.

510 and 710 are the same unit. The 510 has GB map and major roads of Europe. 710 has the full detail map of Europe. Just different map cards.

Have a look on the TT site at the new maps. You can now download some Eastern European countries which might help a bit on the way to Greece.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
muzzyinnit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for that info - the maps being up to date is reassuring.

OK I get the bluetooth distinction now - so it looks like the ONE is out if he definitely wants hands-free mobile, but the 510 or 710 are in. And if he wants detailed map of europe then it's the 710.

Other than the hands-free bluetooth can you explain what the fundamental difference is between the ONE Europe and the GO 710 please?

Thanks again,

Muzzy.
thebinman
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muzzyinnit wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for that info - the maps being up to date is reassuring.

OK I get the bluetooth distinction now - so it looks like the ONE is out if he definitely wants hands-free mobile, but the 510 or 710 are in. And if he wants detailed map of europe then it's the 710.

Other than the hands-free bluetooth can you explain what the fundamental difference is between the ONE Europe and the GO 710 please?

Thanks again,

Muzzy.

Try here; http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/tomtom_compare.htm?cm_ven=Affiliatewindow&cm_cat=Affiliate&cm_pla=Affiliate&cm_ite=Affiliate
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
having used both, if bluetooth is needed to make phone calls then go for the 710 if not the ONE is neater, smaller and cheaper.
i prefer the ONE. my daughter had a garmin c320 streetpilot but has since changed it for a tomtom ONE. she finds it much easier to use and quicker to input data, addresses etc.
tony.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: