Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN6 on Nokia N80 - Help with Installation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN6 on Nokia N80 - Help with Installation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: TTN6 on Nokia N80 - Help with Installation Reply with quote

Got the new shiny box 30 minutes ago - Plugged in the Nokia N80 as a Mobile Phone Device with Nokia PC suite and TomTom Home installation does not spot the phone. See's my IPAQ, which I don't want to upgrade as I bought the licence specifically for the N80.

Tried copying the cab contents from the app folder, but the Nokia phone fails on installation (no reason given).

Anyway - Any one know how to install TTN6 on a N80 successfully?

(I do have the latest firmware on the N80 as well)

Simon
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed!!!

No mention of it on the quick start sheet, but you need to install it onto the memory card (which I have 2GB). It is mentioned in the manual that that is another install option.

Only installed GB and FR(MRE) as that's all I need. Screen is clear. Now for the road testing. If this does not work, the licence (new licence, I should hasten to add) will end up on my IPAQ.

Thanks for those who looked at this post.
Sicilian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you found that there is a delay of about 1 or 2 seconds in the map updating whlist driving?
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sicilian wrote:
Have you found that there is a delay of about 1 or 2 seconds in the map updating whlist driving?

This is not really an issue for me as I rarely look at the screen and use the voice commands while in town. However, I have not seen 2 seconds, but more like one and this is nothing different from the TTM5 or TTN6 that I (did) operate as well

Remember the GPS only updates once a second anyway. In the aviation market, they are about to launch one (a GPS that is) that updates every fifth of a second, but at 70 mph, the delay of one second, means you have moved some distance, the software receives this position and updates your location on screen, therefore, you see what maybe up to 1.1 seconds of delay as about 102 yards (or 94 metres for the young).

If you are looking at your tiny screen at 70 mph for longer than a second, I would be concerned about road saftey. The Press have already latched onto the term "Prat Nav", but then again, I doubt that you are doing this at 70 mph but I have not noticed while stationary....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: