Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - RAC Satellite Navigation 110
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

RAC Satellite Navigation 110

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainBlue
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: RAC Satellite Navigation 110 Reply with quote

Has anyone bought or used one of these devices?

Woolies have them at £200 as an exclusive product and we were thinking of buying one for my F-i-L's 80th birthday.

I use my iPAQ or a Garmin Streetpilot i3 myself, but wondered how the RAC unit compares?

Any gotchas with it?
marknight
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: RAC Satellite Navigation 110 Reply with quote

CaptainBlue wrote:
Has anyone bought or used one of these devices?

Woolies have them at £200 as an exclusive product and we were thinking of buying one for my F-i-L's 80th birthday.

I use my iPAQ or a Garmin Streetpilot i3 myself, but wondered how the RAC unit compares?

Any gotchas with it?

hello mate....did you end up buying the woolworths rac unit....bought one myself and wish had not bothered....just wondered how you got on
CaptainBlue
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Father in Law is using it and getting on OK, but has no prior usage to compare against.

What problems are you having?
marknight
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainBlue wrote:
The Father in Law is using it and getting on OK, but has no prior usage to compare against.

What problems are you having?

can not get any updates through rac.they say up to a year before any available...route 66 dont want to no because mapping was done for rac so they say rac should suppy updates....bought it because it was at time a good buy for a widescreen sat nav with camera poi loaded.....having spoken to rac they say only 5000 were put on....i live kettering northant.5 cameras within one mile radius of me and it does not find one...nearest in its database is 21 mile away a6 leicestershire.....good job i am not a speeder or i would have plenty of pionts for my prizes...thing is if it is sold saying camers poi loaded then then should be..not just some....mapping is bang upto date unlike our navman n20..as we live new estate ie 23 2006 and first on estate....road on there.unnamed but shows....my 5 cameras have been here years.......computer will not even find unit even if could update...navman straight in....m
fatboyjt
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same problems updating the unit on a freinds RAC satnav 110, It turns out it was the card - the one that came with their unit was a MMC card and not a standard SD card (loads of extra pins and very thin) loaded all data from card to PC (using a card reader) and then copied it all back onto a standard SD card, now PC finds it ok.

Might be worth a try (I can now update easily, original card kept coming up with directory too deep and device timeout error when trying to update )

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: