Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Lost all my favourites for i3 streetpilot
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost all my favourites for i3 streetpilot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turkeyburger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Lost all my favourites for i3 streetpilot Reply with quote

I decided to reset my i3 streetpilot to get rid of some of the POI's that I didn't want. What I didn't realise was that it deleted all of the supplied favouries that were stored when I bought it. Is there anyway to get these back?
snowboardcriminal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only favs that are permanatly stored are those of Gamin HQ etc.

In future use easygps utility found somewhere else on the forum and save favs via pc then just upload again after reset.

There are things that I know and you don't know, there are things that you know that i don't know, but always remember there is much that we both don't know.
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one other point to make - I don't think resetting the i3 clears the POIs.

POIs are stored (on i3s with transflash cards) as a file on the memory card.
turkeyburger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: reseeting POIs Reply with quote

My mistake,

I didn't mean the favourites. For a moment I thought that it deleted all of the pre-supplied POI's (not in the custom points folder).

It was when I looked in a couple of the food categories as they were showing no entries. Most of the other POI's are still there.

I thought that it would delete the custom points but it hasn't. Main reason I want to is that I'm not interested in congestion zones for example.

Also when I tried to add POI's from the MaFt download it said that I didn't have enough space. Is it trying to put them on the flash card or the internal memory?

Anyway, my original question was how do I delete custom POIs?

Ant
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: reseeting POIs Reply with quote

turkeyburger wrote:
My mistake,

I didn't mean the favourites. For a moment I thought that it deleted all of the pre-supplied POI's (not in the custom points folder).

I don't think it could do that, because I believe they are included as part of the mapping.

turkeyburger wrote:
Anyway, my original question was how do I delete custom POIs?

Load a blank, or one (dummy) entry POI file.
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: reseeting POIs Reply with quote

turkeyburger wrote:

It was when I looked in a couple of the food categories as they were showing no entries. Most of the other POI's are still there.

maybe these particular poi's are not near your location, so none will be shown...to delete custom poi's ,select the poi and then scroll down and delete...
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: reseeting POIs Reply with quote

zogman wrote:
to delete custom poi's ,select the poi and then scroll
down and delete...

Are you sure about that, and that you're not thinking about favourites?
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry turkeyburger, lester's right...its favorites i was thinking about...
mk_graham
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simplest way is to go through your Custom POI folder on the PC and delete the ones you don't want (e.g. the conjestion charge POI), then run POILoader again.
---
TomTom Go 720 WE Maps (for sale)
---
iPhone with Sygic Mobile Maps (Europe) - having problems
mk_graham
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: reseeting POIs Reply with quote

turkeyburger wrote:
...Also when I tried to add POI's from the MaFt download it said that I didn't have enough space. Is it trying to put them on the flash card or the internal memory?

It's definately trying to write to the i3 internal memory in this scenario. To get 27k+ POI's on you'll have to write direct to the card using a card reader.
---
---
turkeyburger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: POI update Reply with quote

Yep, managed to do the following.

deleted some of the POI's that I wasn't bothered about (Fish & Chips & Lidl, etc). It wouldn't let me choose all of them.

Downloaded the £2 speed camera database from PocketGPS

Use POI loader to load both together and it reset my existing POIs.

Speed camers alerts seem to work quite well. I tested it on the way to work.

Also ordered a transfalash card adaptor from Ebay for £2.99. Hopefully this should then let me put more POIs on the card for complete OTT'ness.

Only annoying thing is having the custom POIs in seperate categories to the pre-supplied POIs. I'm assuming the card adaptor will let me get round this problem. Or maybe it's safer not to combine them?

So far I've been very impressed with it (£130 from Comet). Tried to look for the £100 deals but no joy but still happy with the price.

Also I have found that the voice doesn't always tie in with whats correct on the display. I think I will always look at the map anyway just to be sure.

Good thing about the small size is that I've got it in the top right corner of my windscreen. Can't really put it near the bottom as I have a C-MAX with an extremely long window. Also the textured dashboard won't let anything stick to it.
mk_graham
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: POI update Reply with quote

turkeyburger wrote:
Only annoying thing is having the custom POIs in seperate categories to the pre-supplied POIs. I'm assuming the card adaptor will let me get round this problem. Or maybe it's safer not to combine them?
I'm afraid Custom POI's stay where they are, no matter where you put them. the default Garmin POI's are installed along with the mapping data.
turkeyburger wrote:
Also the textured dashboard won't let anything stick to it.
The circular red disk taht came with it will definately stick to your dash (stickiest thing on earth), then you can sucker that sucker to it! Wink
---
---
snowboardcriminal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say definately stick, mine lasted 10 minutes on a perfectly smooth surface, but good old sticky fixers soon remidied the situation!!

There are things that I know and you don't know, there are things that you know that i don't know, but always remember there is much that we both don't know.
turkeyburger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Red Disk Reply with quote

I tried the sticky disk on my dashboard but it fell off after a couple of hours. Dashboard is the rubbery soft touch type.

Also tried sticky pads but they were even worse.

Now decided that I don't like it in the top right corner of my window as it's too distracting, especially at night.

Luckily I've managed to find a nice flat smooth spot right in between my rev counter and speedo. I'll put the sticky pad there, I just won't be able to see my mileage which is not a huge problem.

Although the speed camera detection works well I tend to go a few mph above most speed limits as I know you can get away with it. It tends to beep a lot more at me then.

Maybe I'll have to reload the POI's and manually change the speed settings.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: