Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 910 mounts are the problems overcome
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

910 mounts are the problems overcome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: 910 mounts are the problems overcome Reply with quote

I've seen the 910 units for £427 - was going to hold off for a ONE v2 europe but the 910 looks good value at this price - although I like the size of the ONE better - I have no interest in ipod, picture viewing or handfree telephone features just want full European map coverage.

Bit worried about the mount problems on the early units - are these problems sorted now?
shauneco
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the new updated mount's are better and I have no problem with mine, The old mounts suction cup came off as I had left it in the windscreen on the hottest day of the year. I phoned TomTom and they sent me the new updated mount for free no problem. The new mount's suction cup is attached differently. I've not had the "dropping" that some people have had with either mount.

I do agree that it's not the greatest designed mount.

I wouldn't be to put off by the mount problems the TomTom 910 is a great device and well worth the money.

Although if the TomTom One V2 Europe meets your everyday need's then it would be of better choice finacially. It's just a waiting game for when TomTom release it.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new x10 mount is still drooping and vibrating. Here on the forum one user described how he fixed that by adding a piece of rubber into the equation.

The mount for the TT One v3 is a completely different design, and while looking mildly embarassing it does a much, much better job to eliminate vibrations and to stay put.

Maybe TomTom will consider to offer a mount for the x10 based on the new ONE mount - that would be the best solution for windscreens. Still doesn't help for dashboard mounts though.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: