Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Nav 6, Treo 650 Speed Display?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Nav 6, Treo 650 Speed Display?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeM132
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: TT Nav 6, Treo 650 Speed Display? Reply with quote

I am new to Tom Tom, and also brand-new here. Tried looking around first for this answer and could find nothing. Below is my situation:
Got TTN 6 from Palm last week. The "manual" that came with it had nearly no information regarding operation, only setup. I have used GPS for some time on a latop, so I am kind of famiilar with the general stuff. A couple things have puzzled me, one of them being how to get this "speed display" and "speed alert" I have read about. I see nothing in any options on my device. All I get is a compass and heading. When I look at the display for GPS details (sats, etc.) I don't see any speed there, either. I must be missing something obvious. Thanks.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi steve welcome to the forums in tomtom go to the menu and select change preferences then go to page 4 use the the arrow on the screen on page 4 is an option called STATUS BAR PREFERENCES select this and select speed.

this will show the speed with in the status bar on when tt6 is running

speed alerts

there is no audable warning an not every road has this data the warning comes like this

the speed inicator will change to red and then if you continue to speed up the speed indicator will start to flash in red

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
MikeM132
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Mike, and Thanks! Still trying to figure out all this thing can do. So far, very good results with TTN 6 on this phone, although it seems to take a long time to figure a route that is very long. I am in US, BTW.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry mike thats what happens when you try to post on 2 forums at the same time Embarassed Embarassed

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: