Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 310 Probs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 310 Probs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnyboygb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 310 Probs Reply with quote

Hi all first post please be gentle with me
I have updated the firmware to the v2.90 and have d/l the Garmin POI stuff and got my camera data base from your own site , and this is where my problems start , I try to install them from my documents and all I keep getting is this message " there was a problem copying data to the data card the device was not ready " Also I dont know if this is important but when I tried using Garmin Gstart it says there is no gps device connected but the pc picks up the drive and names them nuviH and removable disc I . Any clues or pointers as to what I am doing wrong greatly appreciated
djben9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm new to here as well :D , just purchased the Nuvi 310 (deluxe i think, well thats what the box they sent me says....is there a 310 and 310D?? Question )

purchased the saefty camera download today and the camera manager. Finding the forum informative

anyway i also have the same problem, any ideas????? Sad
RDS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The D or Deluxe in 310D indicates an exclusive package mainly available from Halfords which has a GTM12 TMC receiver and European map CD bundled with a Nuvi 310. The bundled package doesn't come free and costs around £50 more
The actual Nuvi 310 unit is exactly the same whether you buy a 310 or 310D.

So if you have the extras you have a 310D or if you don't you have a 310.

If you read some of the very active threads on this forum you'll see there is a lot of debate as to whether it's currently worth having the TMC receiver as it's not working as it should ie erratic and non existant traffic information.
n4nick
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

I had problems towards the end of the writing process, where a blue error screen would pop up on the PC and ask me to insert the card with serial number XYZ. I just pressed ignore/cancel a couple of times and the data transferred across okay.

As for gstart....never worked on my PC but I blamed this on using windows me.

good luck!
nick

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: