Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom One Repair
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom One Repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogerOC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Tomtom One Repair Reply with quote

Hi All,

I've just noticed a small crack on the front case of my One. Does anybody know of a company that can replace it?
It works fine but it bugs me knowing that it is there!!!

Regards

Roger.
thebinman
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These people can repair most stuff but it seems that certainly regarding cracked screens & batteries on a One there's nobody around that can do it.

Worth asking them though

http://www.satnav-shop.com/
RogerOC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Warning TomTom buyers!!! Reply with quote

I was unable to find anybody in the Uk that can replace the case front, i finally got an answer at tomtom (0845) number which said I need to send the unit to Amsterdam and the cost would be 180 Euros.

Durning this coversation I found out that there are NO Tomtom repairs able to be done in the UK, No one at TOMTOM that I can speak to in the UK. Supervisors (in the Netherlands) will not speak to the public.

His general opinon seem to suggest that the products are disposable, My view is that I'm amazed the lack of customer service and can not believe the market share TT has considering this.

Roger Carder

Cambridge (UK) on my own!!!
TonyHoyle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT were the first to mass market for cars (garmin already did GPS but concentrated on walking), so they got the market very fast.

Whether they'll keep it remains to be seen... the competition is getting very good and TT seem to be getting a bit sidetracked into mp3 players etc. while their core business suffers (eg. the mount debacle, delayed maps, delayed TMC, etc.)

Personally I couldn't predict either way what will happen next year.. whether TT are still the dominant manufacturer or whether someone else has taken over.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The situation you describe is not uncommon. It is simply uneconomic to maintain repairs centres across Europe and stocks of spares for such units when the costs of the most common repairs will often be close to or more than the cost of a replacement.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: