Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Adding more maps with TomTom 5.21
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding more maps with TomTom 5.21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnWB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Adding more maps with TomTom 5.21 Reply with quote

I am using Tom Tom 5.21 in my Orange SPV M1000 and installed the UK maps. Can i now add maps for other country and if so would i have to do a new install or is there a way I can just add the maps
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just done this for the first time today for Palm Treo 650, over GB Maps as part of 5.21

First, as with all s/ware installs, back up your SD card!!!

Purchased the map via TT Plus on their www; you get an email with a link where you can download the map and a unique product code.

Follow the link and you're asked for the device number of your unit. There are instructions for where to find the device number. On my Treo 650 the device number was not listed where they said; instead, there was a code string beneath all the version data - the last thing on the list; I took a guess and entered this value.

This enabled a download link. I downloaded an .exe installer (Mac users beware - though I actually downloaded it on my Mac, put it on my Treo's SD and copied across to my XP Pro laptop - the file remained viable).

I followed the .exe install instructions, which required me to Hotsync.

A new directory on the root of my SD card appeared for my map.

On the device go to Nav 5 change preferences/Manage Maps/Switch Map. I saw my existing GB map and the newly downloaded map, which I selected.

I'm then asked to activate the map, with automatic (via gprs) or manual. Automatic didn't work for me (though Traffic works fine!). Selected manual. At this point, my device code was displayed (the one I'd noted at the bottom of the version number prefs screen), a www link to use on a browser and an option to enter the activation code.

Via the browser/link I had to enter the device code and the product code I got on the email when I purchased the map. In return I got an activation code which I entered on the Treo.

Hey Presto - I can now use change prefs/manage maps to switch between both maps.

Just be aware, Favourites are specific to each map - I scared myself thinking I'd lost all my GB data! When you reload the GB map, all returns!

Good luck!
JohnWB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEDBUG Thanks for the great reply but I forgot to mentioned i already have the 5.21 CD with all the maps
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Grumble]

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: