Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - finding the correct version
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

finding the correct version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikepatw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: finding the correct version Reply with quote

I have just purchased a Tomtom One with Ver 5.410 software. Have also subscribed to your site and downloaded what I believed was the correct version of the ;camera' database.
However everything is OK until I enable the POI when the screen 'blurs' and freezes.
Have I got the wrong version of the database ? If so, where can I get the correct one and what is it called?
Hopefully one of you chaps out there can help me with this problem.
Thanks in anticipation.
PS - Sorry I dont know the 'jargon'
Mike
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you actually try to Enable what you downloaded?

Your symptoms seem a little strange. Have you by any chance downloaded POICapture?

Perhaps you can tell us what you actual downloaded (the File Name) and what you did with it.;)

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately sounds like POI capture. When I installed the wrong version of it in my one, my screen did exactly the same.

Regularly absent, but still here in spirit !
mikepatw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The files I downloaded are first - POICapture.06G and then PIOCapture.03G.5.420.

The installation was carried out several times from the begining in each case with the same result.

I extracted the zip to the root of my TomTom and all the files were installed where I expected.

Also an extra POI callad 'Camera enable' was found on Tomtom (Yellow and Black speed camera icon in good visual condition)

I 'clicked' on this icon and the screen froze. showing several lines of very blurred images, mostly of speed signs, (30,40,50 etc) on their side.

I do hope you are able to say I have done something stupid, for which I apologise in advance

Regards Mike
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you should be using http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/POIRecorder/POICapture1.04G.5.420.zip

Also it is much better to Unzip to the Hard Drive and then copy to the ONE.

With the ONE, POICapture always displays the icons sideways.

You should have an Icon on one of your Main Menu Pages called Capture POI. This is the Icon for starting the POICapture Program.

Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly sure the original post says that Mike is trying to install the camera DATABASE, not POI Capture. The replies are just confusing matters by talking about different versions and sideways screens.

Mike, what you need to do is remove the POI Capture stuff you have installed, I've never bothered with it so I'm afraid I can't tell you exactly what to delete, but I think it has been covered before, so you could try a search of this forum.

Then you need to download and install the camera database. Use the beginners guides and FAQs in the "Speed Cameras" box to the left of this page to get you started.
You will need to have paid a subscription to be able to access the download page
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
I'm fairly sure the original post says that Mike is trying to install the camera DATABASE, not POI Capture.
A good point. I took my eye off the original post. Perhaps Mike could clarify wnat he actually wants.

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Mike, what you need to do is remove the POI Capture stuff you have installed, I've never bothered with it so I'm afraid I can't tell you exactly what to delete,
Two folders, called POICapture and SdkRegistry.;)

mikepatw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the terminology, you are correct, I now have the POI Capture installed .

However not quite there yet.......
Selecting this Icon I have a subscreen comprising 9 icons

Truvelo, Unknown type, Preferences, Remoce, Gatso, Mobile, Temporary, Specs, and Redlight.

NO POI for cameras when I enter 'Enable/Disable POI'

On my second attempt I stopped at this point ..........................and await your help.

On an earlier attempt I chose Gatso and a speed limit this gave me an entry in the POI list (enabled) and allowed me to add a warning sound however I think I only had that one camera.

I am saying I have no cameras because there should be one right outside my house but I cannot see it on the map.

I have seen reference in the forum to a combined camera file .........is the lack of this my problem.

What should I do from the point I have left my Tomtom at ? (see 4 lines above).

Sorry to be a pain, you can talk about me when I;m gone........
Regards Mike.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikepatw wrote:
Sorry about the terminology, you are correct, I now have the POI Capture installed .
Good Exclamation
mikepatw wrote:
On an earlier attempt I chose Gatso and a speed limit this gave me an entry in the POI list (enabled) and allowed me to add a warning sound however I think I only had that one camera.

I have seen reference in the forum to a combined camera file .........is the lack of this my problem.
Yes Exclamation

The datafile produced by POICapture is separate to the PocketGPSWorld camera POI files. You need to download them seperately from here

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
mikepatw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen ...........
Thank you very much for your help.

Thats the good news, The bad news is that in the next few days I plan to change the warning sounds to voice messages.

Thanks again, great help. Laughing
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikepatw wrote:

However not quite there yet.......
Selecting this Icon I have a subscreen comprising 9 icons

Truvelo, Unknown type, Preferences, Remoce, Gatso, Mobile, Temporary, Specs, and Redlight.

NO POI for cameras when I enter 'Enable/Disable POI'

On my second attempt I stopped at this point ..........................and await your help.

I am saying I have no cameras because there should be one right outside my house but I cannot see it on the map.

What should I do from the point I have left my Tomtom at ? (see 4 lines above).

Sorry to be a pain, you can talk about me when I;m gone........
Regards Mike.

You need to do what Andy P said earlier. You have installed the POI Capture utility which is not a warning system for speed camera POI's. It is a way of adding new cameras, which do not appear on the database.

Initially what you want is the locations of speed cameras from the current database, which can be downloaded from this site for £2, which allows you to download for a month.

Look on the far left of this page, under Speed Cameras, there is a subheading of Camera Database, you can then click on download cameras. This will allow you to subscribe and explains what to download.

Regularly absent, but still here in spirit !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: