Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio C710 - Bug or Faulty Unit?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio C710 - Bug or Faulty Unit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
budwin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Mio C710 - Bug or Faulty Unit? Reply with quote

Hi all Mio owners
I have just received my second C710 and still have the same problem as with my first one!
The bug I seem to have is the voice commands and displayed distance to next turn are not in sync with the map and actual position on the road.
Example: Whenever the distance is stated in miles, 1.5, 0.5, 0.2 etc. the voice command (and displayed distance in cockpit mode) matches the actual distance to travel (within 0.1 mile accuracy).

However, when closer to the turn, the voice (& display) always states that the distance is 300 feet when it is actually 100 feet. The weird thing is though, the map always displays my position correctly - all the time! I tried changing the units to miles/yards and km/m but the same type of error was there!!

Is there any C510 or C710 owners out there that have this problem or can think of anything that could be causing it?

Faulty batch of units?
..... or do I have to send it back again, this time for a refund and buy an alternative?
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi budwin.

Can't say I've noticed that on mine, but I'll have a closer look today when I'm out & about and report back.
I have mine set for yards/miles.
What I have noticed is that if I'm approaching a roundabout the verbal warning for the 300 yard mark actually starts at about 350/340 yards.
By the time it finishes announcing
'In 300 yards prepare to enter roundabout and take 2nd exit'
I am roughly 150/170 yards from the roundabout. I would think it's all to do with the fact that you're moving (in my case at 30 mph when I noticed it).
So unless I actually stop at the 300 yard mark it's never going to be right.
Will get back to you when I've checked mine out.

CeeJay.
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi budwin.

Me again. :D
Well I checked mine when I was out and about today and everything works tickety boo.
I've noticed that at the 300 yard mark before a junction, it starts announcing the turn at about 330/320 yards and at the 100 yard mark it starts announcing at about the 130/120 yard mark.
On each occasion when the anouncement is finished you are at the mark it just told you about.
So mine seems to be working fine set on miles/yards.

Hope this helps you sort out your dilemma.

CeeJay.
budwin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ceejay for reporting back.
Travelled into Smethwick today and had the same problem all the way 'Sad'. Whilst stopped at traffic lights waiting to take the left turn as instructed (in another 200 feet Confused) the distance on the screen was reading 180 feet when I only had one car in front of me! The position arrow was however correct.

As an aside - to get accurate speed warnings, I've had to set my speeding tolerance to 70%

I think I will return my unit (yet again) and get a refund. Maybe the supplier I've bought from has a "dodgy" batch?
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi budwin.

Sorry to hear you've still got your problem.
Before you take it back the only thing I can suggest is to try running 'Restore Miomap v3.1' from the red/orange disc and see if that cures your problem. Maybe a dodgy 'factory installation'.
Can't think of anything else to try.
Hope you get sorted.

CeeJay.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: