Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Best Palm software for Ireland?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Palm software for Ireland?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ibarrett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:36 am    Post subject: Best Palm software for Ireland? Reply with quote

I've been looking at the different packages available for Palm PDAs and noticed very little information about Ireland. Is there one that is better than the rest?

Alternatively, some packages offer you the chance to scan your own maps in. I assume you don't get any routing information with these, but might they be a good alternative?

Thanks,
Ian.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One that supports NavTech maps will be better, the problem with Ireland is none of the Geodata companies seem to be recognising it as a viable mapping constituency.

I'm not sure if it's down to the local geodata provider in Ireland, like UK is Ordnance Survey, it maybe something to do with this, or it maybe that they just don't see Ireland as a viable alternative.

Both NavTech and TeleAtlas maps are still quite poor, but NavTech are the better of the two.
ibarrett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave,

The TeleAtlas website is very forthcoming about who uses their data, NavTech less so, any product names I could look up?

As for why Ireland coverage is so bad, I don't really know. There is Ordinance Survey coverage of the whole island - which is why a product that lets you scan in your own maps would be OK. I guess the demand is less as not many people are travelling large distances or to places they have never been before.

Ian.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: