Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Charging
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Charging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Charging Reply with quote

I have installed the Software Update 6.14 via Home and have noticed that when my TTOne is connected and battery strength is viewed on the PC it shows that my TTOne is charging. Is it really charging via the USB connection or is this just an on screen mirage? The screen also shows that my device is using 12 satellites when connected, and this being indoors it's alot more than I would usually get. I can plan routes on the PC and do demos, so it appears to be for real. Any ideas ?

One strange thing though. When disconnected, if I view version, it shows 6.140, but when connected it shows 6.100 on screen.

Oh yes...and I nearly forgot, POI Capture for version 5.42 of the One software still works with 6.14 (still sideways though). I tried the 5.44 version but it freezes my screen.

Regularly absent, but still here in spirit !
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left it on 'charging' for two hours, but it was still flat at the end of it all, so charging doesn't mean charging in this case.

TonyHoyle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your USB port probably isn't giving enough power to charge - they often don't give that much. Try using the mains adapter for power.
keiron99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is 6.14 and where do you get it from? I thought the latest version 5.4 something-or-other or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keirin... I WAS going to say "read the forum! The news is all over it."

BUT... looking at the forum index, I'm amazed that none of the admin or moderators has bothered to post an "Announcement" or even make anyone else's post about it "Sticky".
The only Announcement is about 5.42 and you have to look 2/3's of the way down page 2 to find a relevant thread!

Here's a link to the details http://www.yournav.com/content/n/188/New_attempt_for_TomTom_firmware_6.html

You cannot download it manually, it has to be done via the "Home" application Evil or Very Mad (the main reason I haven't done it yet )
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyHoyle wrote:
Try using the mains adapter for power.

Tony, I wasn't having problems charging, perhaps I didn't make it clear in my post. I had connected my TTOne to use the Home software. I alsways use it on charge in the car so charging isn't an issue. What I had noticed though was when connected via the home software, if I click on My One (I assume My Go 300 etc, may be displayed depending on your model) it asks me to turn on a virtual device, using the mouse to click the on/off button. This makes the computer act as if it were my TTOne. Clicking the signal strength area shows that my device is charging and the battery level goes up. I wondered if this was genuinely charging my TT or if it was pretend, as I have since left it 'charging' but it hadn't charged.

keiron99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
keirin... I WAS going to say "read the forum! The news is all over it."

Good lord! How comes I look here every day and missed all of this about Home and new software? Thanks!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: