Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Palm LifeDrive and TT5.2xx
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Palm LifeDrive and TT5.2xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
weelogic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Palm LifeDrive and TT5.2xx Reply with quote

I have a Palm LifeDrive running TT Navigator 5. I decided to "upgrade" the software to the 5.2 version from TT's own site, and once installed I got an error message on opening "Not enough free DB Cache Memory to run this application". I have tried installing to the main LD volume and also to an SD card.

I then deleted the app and reinstalled the original version from my official TT disc, but still get the same error message.

Does anyone know how to get round this, as there is ample space on my LD for apps and data (more than 1Gb free).

Regards

David
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'DB cache' memory is not the same as your storage memory...think of it a bit like your 'RAM' in your PC. Sadly the Lifedrive and TX don't have very much of it (about 4MB if I recall correctly...Tomtom recommends having 5MB).

The consensus seems to be that 5.201 is heavier on memory demands than earlier versions, so rolling back to 5.12 should reduce/eliminate the problem.

I don't know how the Lifedrive architecture works, or how to roll back to an earlier version. On my T3 I would try deleting the tomtom folder from the SD card, and also make sure I deleted the 'start.prc' file from the PDA memory. Then run the 5.12 install and see what happens...

Hope this helps. Smile
weelogic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. After much tinkering with the location for the re-install of version 5.12 I have it up and running again. As for the 5.2 upgrade, am I missing anything in not being able to use it?
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing material that I know of - I have never been able to figure out what the difference was...so it can't be that significant.

Oh - there was one thing I noticed...contacts navigator always crashes with 5.201. If you want that functionality then you'll have to get a bigger cache! Laughing
weelogic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I now have version 5.00 running fine, but I had previously updated to the version 5.12 patch. I can't see a link to that patch on the TT site anymore, just to the 5.2xx patch that doesn't work with the LifeDrive. Does anyone know if there is still a means of getting the 5.12 patch? My copy is fully licensed and registered.
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this:

http://tomtom.com/support/solution.php?GID=3&PID=188&SID=196&CID=215&Language=4&FID=3424
weelogic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. All working fine now. :-)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: