Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Disappointed . . .
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Disappointed . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Disappointed . . . Reply with quote

I've struggled to think of a title for this thread, but the above sums up how I feel . . .

Originally this site used to be a wealth of knowledge, and good reliable reviews. Now the only things that seems to be covered are the freebies supplied by certain suppliers, the jollies to various supplier promotions and the chargeable camera database . . .

The MODs insist on protecting TomTom's copyright (I do not encourage piracey) which I've already commented on, and today I've had a perfectly sensible post removed, why ?

If my opinion is incorrect, I'm sorry, but where is the Tom x10 review, the news regarding the 300,500 & 700 upgrades, no news or reviews of the Acer, CoPilot etc etc
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Said

My sentiments exactly.

This site has become a shadow of its former self,

-------------------------

The Epitaph Should Read,

Rest In Peace, Suffocated By Corporate Intimidation.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you had posted was in breach of the license agreement which was explained to you in a PM.

Its not just tomtoms copyright that were interested in. We will intervene in any discussions where there is clear breach of any license agreement.

I'm sorry maybe you missed the copilot reveiw. As for the tomtom x10 reveiws i cant comment on them as i dont know who is doing what reveiw and whats in the pipeline. With regard to reveiws we have done a Copilot reveiw of the smartphone application. Unfortunatly we have not received a copy of pocketpc software to reveiw so far

The reason that reviews seem to take so long to come through is that we prefer to use them in a real suituation, rather than just drive few routes and base a reveiw on a weeks worth of use we will use the devices for a a resonalbe amout of time before publishing a review, (see the tomtom rider reveiw 9000 miles of use) if something isnt as good as it could be then we will say so.

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
nazimyounis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought my past GPS products after reading reviews from this site...

I am still waiting to see what the review brings for the New tomtom range.

I will then decide if should purchase one or not.....

I am suprised that the MODs of this site havent done a review as yet....or at least got there hands on one....

Come on MODs.... Give us a review soon PLEASE Smile

ex - TOMTOM Nokia N95
ex - TOMTOM GO 700
ex - TOMTOM Navigator 5 on XDA IIi
ex - TOMTOM Navigator 3 on XDA II
ex - TOMTOM Navigator 3 on XDA
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am suprised that the MODs of this site havent done a review as yet....or at least got there hands on one

the pocket gps team do the reveiws and run the site we moderators are here to assist the team in the smooth running of the forum. Though we do some reviews the team are main guys for them

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify, the post that was removed was not asking 'how do I copy xyz software'. The original post was identifing that there appears to be a difference in the European map data avaialble for the x10 range. Why my post was so bad is a mystery.

It just feels that some of the MOD's on this site are becoming a little heavy handed.

Yes stop piracy I fully support you . .
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeedCam wrote:

It just feels that some of the MOD's on this site are becoming a little heavy handed.

Locking a post is one thing (or VISIBLY editing it to remove a banned link etc.), removing it entirely is another thing entirely, IMHO, and smacks of big brother or protectionism.
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using RSS I can see post deletion is minimal at least in the 14 sections I monitor. Appart from the odd post per week, deletion is usually applied to spam posts like yesterdays multi section attack. Though I did have an avatar removed after several weeks without the courtessy of request or notification.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: