Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Legit or not legit, that is the question?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Legit or not legit, that is the question?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Legit or not legit, that is the question? Reply with quote

The reason I ask is I was browsing through another forum and came across this post...

Quote:
Hi,
Just got a T-Mobile MDA Pro, and TTN5. Problem is, when i load up tomtom, it keeps going through the preferences setup, and then says no maps installed. I can get to the bit wehere it will let me download new maps, but nothing after that. I already have all my maps in a folder on my pc which i copied over from the cds before they got trashed.
I have never used gps before, and dont understand some of the terminology people are using on here.
Is there a step by step guide on how to install tomtom so my maps are installed correctly ? All I have is a backup of tomtom on my MDA memory card, I dont have the original disks, they got damaged.
As far as I can tell, they go into the root of my memory card, but i did that, and it still doesnt work.

This is what DIR's i have in the tomtom navigator folder on my MDA: (left out on purpose).

He had two answers 'Contact TomTom for help'. So I guess I wasn't the only one with suspicions.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In dubio pro re. Not enough detail to judge. You need to wait for the OP to make a mistake, or to provide proof.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few people here have posted questions in the past, openly asking how to get bootlegged versions of software products working and they have been (quite rightly) shunned by the community here.

When it comes to being reluctant to contact tech support, I'm inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt since I prefer to discuss things in forums with other users - one can usually find out everything the tech support guys will tell you (and more stuff that they WON'T tell you) in forums like this one....
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi,
Just got a T-Mobile MDA Pro, and TTN5. Problem is, when i load up tomtom, it keeps going through the preferences setup, and then says no maps installed. I can get to the bit wehere it will let me download new maps, but nothing after that. I already have all my maps in a folder on my pc which i copied over from the cds before they got trashed.
I have never used gps before, and dont understand some of the terminology people are using on here.
Is there a step by step guide on how to install tomtom so my maps are installed correctly ? All I have is a backup of tomtom on my MDA memory card, I dont have the original disks, they got damaged. As far as I can tell, they go into the root of my memory card, but i did that, and it still doesnt work.

This is what DIR's i have in the tomtom

Maybe, maybe not. Wink
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you bought the product new then go back to the supplier, if not, I have a feeling that the product may simply be no longer legitimate since I think that the licence may only be valid for the original purchaser.

If the problem is simply due to you not wanting to pay for a replacement set of disks (and you have your own legitimate codes etc) would there be anything wrong (legally or morally) with seing if you could borrow a set of disks to install it? (A question not a suggestion)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: