Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Holux 271 Probs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Holux 271 Probs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grayus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Holux 271 Probs Reply with quote

have just bought a Holux 271 GPs compact flash card to use with my Ipaq 2210 PDA and my Toshiba laptop. the instructions are as useful as John Prescott is to the country ,
The prog. on my Laptop is Navigator Europe ( not tom tom )and on my PDA Tom Tom 5.2.
when I do a port seach it keeps comming up scan com 1-!0 failed the card is illuminated so it is the slot ok but I have spent hours now and do not know what to do next . I hope it is compatable with Navigator Europe , The reason why I have not installed it on my PDA is because it is working great at the moment with a Rikiline 6010 GPS receiver and I do not want to cock anything up, that is why I want to get it working on my laptop first.I was wondering will it work happily with the drivers for Rikiline still installed on the PDA or will I have to uninstall them to get the C/F gps working I hope not as I like to have a back up , So if anyone has installed a Holux 271 on a lap top I would really appreciate some help PHEW !!!
thanks Guys
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the opposite with the same device, I threw it at the ipaq-4700 and 2490 with no problems at all, I have yet to try it with the laptop but I need to get my CF/ PCMCIA addaptor back first Twisted Evil maybe in the morning I can give it a try, but so far the unit works fine on the PDA's - when I get chance to mess with the laptop I will post a response, in the mean time, put the unit into the CF slot on the PDA and give it a try, it will work no problems, BAUD set to 4800 - Mike
grayus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Holux Reply with quote

Thanks Mike as usual a prince among men when it comes to help.
I have sorted the laptop problem out with time and frustration, I hope this will help you when you come to set yours up. do not install the drivers that came with the CD. in my case they just would not install properly go to the Holux web site and download the drivers for the 270 not the 271 and bingo it worked AOK found the port (5) with no problem I only tried the 270 drivers out of desperation as I had exhausted every thing else, the only Prob now is I can not get it to work with Navigator Europe , So I think that I will have to buy Microsoft Autoroute 2006 and hope that it does the trick.at least I have had my use out of Navigator europe for the last 3 years .
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the update, I will try this later today when I get home. I don't have Navigator Europe, but will try it with Memory Map and AutoRoute, strange how the supplied drivers don't work, I have got them to load OK on my XP Pro laptop, and my desktop machine, will try the interface (when I get the CF addaptor back) and then try your solution if required. Cheers for the tip off though - Mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your advice was spot on the supplied CD fails to install, but the PCMCIA driver for the 270 from the web site certainly sorts the problem out, strange thing is this is the same file you can download for the 271 unit from the Holux site, my guess is the CD is missing a few files there apears to be a huge difference between what is on the CD and what is actually downloaded.

Having got it running I have tried both Memory Map and AutoRoute, both these packages are quite happy to use the GR-271 supplied data.

Cheers - Mike
grayus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: 271 Reply with quote

I am pleased that you have tried Autoroute as I must admit I was a bit concerned about buying it in case it was not compatibly with the 271 BTW I have not heard of memory map do you rate it ?
Regards
Graham
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Memory Map application is fantastic for walking etc. as it is a topo style map (full OS maps on the PC or PPC) it is little use for driving as it offers no route navigation, it all depends what you want from the set-up - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: