Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mitac P350
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mitac P350

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirSwampThing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Mitac P350 Reply with quote

OK, so I decided I wasnt going to wait for Medion to fix my 168, got a refund and went out and bought a new P350.
Its an awesome machine to look at, everything seems to be installing ok, however.......theres no info anywhere about setting up the GPS, port setting/baud rate/com port etcetcetc.
I have it running of sorts using the default settings in the GPS bit:
GPS program port = com4
GPS hardware port = com2
baud rate = 4800
manage gps automatically is ticked

So, TTN5 is running set on :
other NMEA GPS/4800/GPS_com

The unit is getting a fix on a few sats (4 max) but the readings are causing the map to jump all over the place and when I look at the status page I notice the readings are varying constantly.(this is also happening with GPSTuner)
This machine is running thru Sirfstar III/20 channels I believe, so do I have to change some stuff/settings somewhere?
Any and all help will be much appreciated.
Cheers
SirSwampThing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

further to the above post.
ALL my navigation software is suffering the same symptoms, lat/lon is varying by miniscule amounts (although is putting me in roughly the right place), direction and altitude are varying wildly and speed is anything from 0 to 6mph! even though I am stationary.
This is supposed to be a SirfIII chip so how do I check its actually set on Sirf and not on NMEA, is it even possible that it could be wrong ( I ask this because in Memory Map if I set it to Sirf it just gets a timeout and on NMEA it gives a reading), and do these symptoms suggest anything in particular?
cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: