Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - garmin quest 2 or garmin 2610
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

garmin quest 2 or garmin 2610

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolair
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: garmin quest 2 or garmin 2610 Reply with quote

Hi im going to buy my first sat nav wanted something that i could have on my motorbike and for my car with european cover i have narrowed it down to the garmin quest 2 and the garmin 2610 has any one goy any feed back on the two devices plus and minus points is ther much betwwen them.

thanks keith.
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and Welcome

Both units are waterproof and robust so they are a good choice for use on a bike.

There is also a TomTom rider, but if you compare the price then make sure you are getting the full maps of Europe - they are an expensive add on! I don't know much about the TT Rider, it sounds good but a few people comment that it has some nanny features that block you from many functions while you are moving. Rolling Eyes

The StreetPilot 2610 has a large touch screen, full EU maps on CD which can be selectively uploaded onto SD memory card. You can upgrade the SD card to a bigger one if you want more maps loaded.

It has no battery, so it must be powered from the bike and it's quite a chunky unit. It DOESN'T support POI alerts (ie for Speed Camera locations).

The Quest 2 is a pocket sized unit, it comes with full EU maps PREINSTALLED. No uploading of maps needed. The Quest 2 DOES do speed camera alerts using POI Loader.

Quest 2 may not come with the maps on DVD, but I am told that Garmin will send you the DVD if you ask

One of the killer features of Garmin GPS units is that you can plan your route on the PC and upload it to the GPS. This allows you to plan a more scenic route rather than just taking the quickest route from a to b.

You can also use the PC to review the tracklog of where you went and edit waypoints that you marked.

Another cool feature of the Quest is that you can mark the place where you parked the bike (or car) and easily find your way back to it on foot. The 2610 doesn't have batteries so you can't do this.

Thse units work just as well in the car as on the bike.

Good luck!
coolair
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks skippy i do want to be able to use it on foot as well so it's the
garmin quest for me and wanted the poi option

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: