Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - go 910 queries
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

go 910 queries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spooky_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: go 910 queries Reply with quote

Just picked up a 910 today (first ever sat nav so apologies for newbie queries!) Can anyone help/offer advice for the following..

1 - The screen is really hard to see when sunlight shines on it due to the glare. Anyway around this or any anti glare screens available?

2 - The mounting unit is very poor - it does not support the weight of the unit and the screen slowly drops/tilts downwards. Only way to use it is to position it so low that the unti rests on the dashboard. Wil this get looked at by tomtom?

3 - Try to browse any map via the TTHome software and it crashes out totally.

4 - The unit is supposed to come with the maps for USA/Canada. However trying to browse them results in failure each time and the cursor bounces back to europe somewhere (usually spain). I can see them listed in the folder when looking via tthome software but cannot browse them actually on screen. Any ideas?

5 - When trying to register the device at tomtom is asks for a product code, and I cant figure out what that is - tried various numbers to no avail and the help link on the tomtom site to tell you where to find it does not work.

6 - the creditcard with the codes for Europe and North America onit that comes with the device - eha tis this for and what do I need to do with it..

TIA
Spooky_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have sussed 4 out now. doh! Embarassed
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: go 910 queries Reply with quote

Spooky_uk wrote:
5 - When trying to register the device at tomtom is asks for a product code, and I cant figure out what that is - tried various numbers to no avail and the help link on the tomtom site to tell you where to find it does not work.

6 - the creditcard with the codes for Europe and North America onit that comes with the device - eha tis this for and what do I need to do with it..

6 is what you require for 5.

Not bad. 2 for the price of 1.;)

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mrstella
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2) Make sure your dock clicks twice as its atwo stage bracket. Mine was doing the same on one click and is fine after 2.
Spooky_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: go 910 queries Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Spooky_uk wrote:

6 is what you require for 5.

Not bad. 2 for the price of 1.;)

will try that tonight - I assumed the card with the codes on referred to the maps whereas when I was entering the details it aks for the product name (ie go910) and thena product code - thought that meant a specific model code for the 910 unit (the hardware)
Spooky_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrstella wrote:
2) Make sure your dock clicks twice as its atwo stage bracket. Mine was doing the same on one click and is fine after 2.

Pretty sure it was ckciked in properly. it just didn't seem to be able to cope with the actual weight of the unit. will try again tonight but pretty sure it will still droop...
jonstatt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be very clear about this.

The first time you hear a click it locks the mount to the windscreen.

You must then continue to rotate the mount until you hear a second click (Requires a bit of force!). This second click locks the ball and socket joint.

Jonathan
Spooky_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonstatt wrote:

You must then continue to rotate the mount until you hear a second click (Requires a bit of force!). This second click locks the ball and socket joint.

Jonathan

ok thanks - will double check this when I get home tonight .
Spooky_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonstatt wrote:

Jonathan

sorted, despite getting the unit to stop the argueing due to map reading this issue caused our first post satnav argument as she hadn't twisted it around all the way to lock it Rolling Eyes cheers for the info. sorted now Smile
Spooky_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazylegs wrote:
Quote:
When trying to register the device at tomtom is asks for a product code, and I cant figure out what that is - tried various numbers to no avail and the help link on the tomtom site to tell you where to find it does not work.

Turn your tomtom Go on and then Touch your Gps signal bar, then touch the version button at the bottom, and the device code is right at the top, this is the one you need to input into the tom tom home website to register....

Hope that helps..... :D

tried entering this and it does not like it - keeps telling me no valid product code given.
PatC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spooky_uk wrote:
tried entering this and it does not like it - keeps telling me no valid product code given.

Did you get this sorted in the end? The product code is on the card in the box.
Spooky_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I entered the numbers on the card (for Europe and N America) WHich I assume is fir the maps. I thought that you registered the actual unit (hardware wise) on the website bu tlook slike you can't do that.

Cheers

Have a couple more queries though, firstly when mounted on either the windscreen or drivers side window when driving the amount of "shake" on the unit is really bad - very hard to see screen clearly when on the move. Any tips onthis?

Secondly - sometimes it can take ages to lock on to any sats even after the "fix" applied - was out sat am and it took over 20 ins to locate any sats and then it kept losing them at frequent intervals. Any ideas? SOmehting just going to have to put up with, or faulty?

Finally - still not got the tomtom home software to be able to navigate/plan anywere yet - always crashes out on the PC.

Thanks for any pointers..

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: