Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT One Regitering + French Maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT One Regitering + French Maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dajan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: TT One Regitering + French Maps Reply with quote

Hi
I have had the TT One since xmas but as yet I have not registered it with Tom Tom, is there any benefit ?

My main question is I am going to France in July and will req the map, is it just a case of buying the french map, activating it on my pc then when I get to France just pop in the sd card and away I go, then on my return to the UK just pop in my GB card and it will be ok or will I have to activate that one to, if so how do I do that when I am at the port with no pc.

I have read the post about the maps of western europe from Handtec.co.uk for £70.00 or so, that seems to be cheap but it looks ok on the site as it is in the Tom Tom box, any thoughts
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: TT One Regitering + French Maps Reply with quote

Dajan wrote:
Hi
I have had the TT One since xmas but as yet I have not registered it with Tom Tom, is there any benefit ?

Unless you want to use traffic etc, then not really.

Quote:

My main question is I am going to France in July and will req the map, is it just a case of buying the french map, activating it on my pc then when I get to France just pop in the sd card and away I go, then on my return to the UK just pop in my GB card and it will be ok

Pretty much, yes.

Quote:

or will I have to activate that one to, if so how do I do that when I am at the port with no pc.

Once you've activated it, it should stay activated.

Quote:

I have read the post about the maps of western europe from Handtec.co.uk for £70.00 or so, that seems to be cheap but it looks ok on the site as it is in the Tom Tom box, any thoughts

As long as it is genuine TomTom from a proper retailer then it should be okay. But always buy from TomTom direct if you have doubts.

The thing to watch out for is ebay etc where people make copies of the maps and then sell them on without any activation codes, they might as well be selling you a blank memory card.
Dajan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: TT One Regitering + French Maps Reply with quote

Thanks Mark

I have been on the site and actually spoke to the on their help line and they seem ok so I think I will go for it

Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: