Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Reinstalling Tom Tom from Upgrade CD
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Reinstalling Tom Tom from Upgrade CD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scubaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reinstalling Tom Tom from Upgrade CD Reply with quote

I am hoping that someone can assist!

I currently own an Ipaq 1710 with the upgraded version of Tom Tom that I bought direct from TT late last year as part of a discounted upgrade offer.

All has been fine up until the day before yesterday when the system froze on me for no particular reason. It would start up but take you to a page that asked you to select a language for the system - but no further.

My old TT software on the original SD card supplied when I bought the unit still works as I have swapped it over thinking it might be the PDA.

No worries I thought - when I upgraded the software last year onto a brand new SD card I also copied all the files on it to my hard drive. This included all the 'hidden' ones that you need to pick up as well.

Having deleted all the files on the SD card and then copied everything across from my hard drive I am still having the same "pick a language" problem mentioned above.

I have tried wiping the SD card and reinstalling the software and UK map from the original discs but when I start the software it tells me it can't locate any maps!

Am I completely stuck? I have all the activation and product codes and thought that a reinstallation from the CD's supplied would work.

Will TT on their 'customer support' number be able to do anything?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried downloading the update from www.tomtom.com and then try installing this, you will need the other files on the SD card for it to work (copy them from the PC first) but its another option to try - Mike
Scubaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike!

Your a genius!

Downloaded the update from TT after deleting and reinstalling the files I'd had saved and like magic IT WORKS!

Cheers!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: