Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - gp-27 and north america
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

gp-27 and north america

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJGietzen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: gp-27 and north america Reply with quote

I live just outside detroit, and I receieved my gp-27 gps reciever today. As I inderstand it the gps light (green) flashed slowly while trying to establish a GPS signal. Then flashs rapidly when it has one.

My GP-27 will not flash rapidly. I've tested it out doors, in my car and elsewere. It always just flahses slowly. The bluetooth light flashes very quickly though.

Also, is it a commen problem for the car adapter cable to kinda not fit in the power adaptor socket?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see if this helps

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=25951&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

generally it seems to be a dodgy device.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
DJGietzen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, I thought I knoda noticed an increase in light blink when I want outside with it for more then 60 seconds.

I left it outside my house, and used google maps with GPS (avaialbe at download.com) and a BT antena to connect the device to my XP machine.

with the reciever in the house I was not getting any GPS data. But outside it found me. Put me in my next door neighbors driveway, but close enough.

the passkey, btw was 0000 not 000000. So that might help others pair the device.

Now, the question is I bought it to use with my palm, witch has died, in the car as a nav system. I think it reacts in the car the same way it does in the house, too bad the car is too far from the pc to test it out. Should I consider a gps antena for the thing, will that improve reception in side the house, or possibly the car?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should consider throwing it away and getting a SiRF III based receiver instead. The performance difference is just amazing.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
DJGietzen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actualy, out of curiosity I turned it on in my basement. Then went to my pc and was able to recieve GPS data from the device.

my location fix was invalid and the satalite signal streangth was all in the red, but it seemed to be working.

accuracy was not mesearable, I assume becouse of the low signal streangth. but it did retrieve a lat and long that on the google map placed me again near my neighbors house. I power cycled the reciever to be sure it was'nt rememebering the last position it got. Everything still worked.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: