Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot 5.0.1.3 vs 5.0.1.48 PPC, which is the best version?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot 5.0.1.3 vs 5.0.1.48 PPC, which is the best version?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: CoPilot 5.0.1.3 vs 5.0.1.48 PPC, which is the best version? Reply with quote

A question to all you CoPilot experts.

Bo Peep and I are soon going back to Jersey for a holiday. The last time that we were in Jersey, we used CoPilot 5.0.1.3 on a Pocket PC, in fact we even wrote a review that can be seen here. The major problems that we had with CoPilot 5.0.1.3 were:

1. If you took the wrong turn it would direct you back to the point where you deviated from its route, as opposed to the way that TomTom recalculates a new route from your current position.

2. CoPilot would often freeze and need a soft reset of the PocketPC.

3. CoPilot has a nasty habit of loosing favourites you have recorded and as no custom POIs could be saved to the storage card this is very frustrating.

I see on the ALK website that there is a patch for CoPilot 5 which is 5.0.1.48. Now the questions are:

1. Is it worth upgrading CoPilot 5.0.1.3 to 5.0.1.48?

2. Will the 5.0.1.48 version address all of the issues of 5.0.1.3, especially the above ones that we experienced last time?

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most recent thread that I could find about CoPilot 5.0.1.48 was this one. However its last post was in August 2005.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Privateer and Bo Peep. I'm no expert, I can't remember if 5.0.1.3 was the version I had before 5.0.1.48 and I now have CP 6, so I can’t readily check back. However, I’ll answer your questions as best I can:

Quote:
1. [CP 5.0.3.1]… would direct you back to the point where you deviated from its route …

CP 5.0.1.48 did not fix that problem.

Quote:
2. CoPilot would often freeze and need a soft reset of the PocketPC.

That did not happen on my hardware on CP 5.0.1.48 – or with the CP 5 version that I had before.

Quote:
3. CoPilot has a nasty habit of loosing favourites…

CP 5.0.1.48 did not fix that problem. However, since the loss of favourites was probably due to having to reset the PPC, I assume that you won’t have that problem with CP 5.0.1.48 – unless that too crashes on your particular PPC.

I read your review of CP 5 on the following link.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/copilot-live-jersey.php

I do not believe that CP 5.0.1.48 (or, for that matter, CP 6) addressed any of the other issues that you raised in your review.

I don’t want to go through your whole review, but one point was of particular interest to me. As you say, being told, for example, to “go West” is no use without knowing how that relates to the present direction. You refer to a compass, but I have never been able to find anything in Copilot that I thought qualified as such. There is certainly a display showing the present heading, but it takes more mental dexterity than necessary to know whether “go West” translates to a left or right turn at the next junction. A North arrow (which I didn’t believe Copilot had) requires no calculations.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: