Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 7 digit postcode - insufficient space
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

7 digit postcode - insufficient space

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pivotal_ts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: 7 digit postcode - insufficient space Reply with quote

I've tried to install the 7 digit postcode search on my HX2410 which was upgraded to Mobile 5 OS.

With nothing else installed I do not have the 9Mb capacity required for the install, can I install it on the SD with a tweak?
pivotal_ts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The maps are on the memory card, so are the main TT5 files, I dont get the option of installing the postcode software to the card & I cannot transfer it because i cannot install it in the first place.
Silav101
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the installation process, can you choose for:

(Other location (Advanced) ) - Folder on the computer

That'll install it on your PC hard drive, and you can just copy/paste it to your SD-card's root folder.
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds as though you are suffering from the Windows Mobile 5 feature which decides for itself where to install software - you have no control. In conjunction with the flaky TTN5 installer I am surprised anything works!!!

The answer is to install direct to the SD card using a card reader - when asked where to install specify the other option to Pocket PC (cant remember what is is) and then specify the SD card.

Could be a problem if you havent got a card reader. Never understead why they are called card readers when they write as well Question
pivotal_ts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have installed the whole thing to card if given an option, I wasnt except for the Maps. I only got the software the other day (crushed by ANC because the supplier didnt use a jiffy bag ) - perhaps the latest build is more restrictive on installation

I posted a support call to tomtom, no reply yet.

Can I uninstall & reinstall using all the same activation codes etc?
pivotal_ts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a reply - I will try it tonight, but I'm sure the M5 OS doesnt use the slider option again.

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

Please follow the steps below to enable more free space in the internal memory of the Device HP IPAQ HX2410.

1. Tap Start.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap System.
4. Tap Memory
5. Now here you will find out total memory of yout PDA. You will see the slide bar in the centre of the screen with 2 ends Storage and program. Allocate more memory to the Storage. And try to copy the ZIP file again.

If this does not work then please do the following.

1. Create a Folder on your SD card and name it TOMTOM ( Leave the folder empty )
2. Copy the ZIP folder to the Sd card. and see if that works.

I hope this information will help. Should you have any enquires in future please do not hesitate to contact us.

With best regards,

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: