Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Will contents of TT one sd card work on a mobile
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Will contents of TT one sd card work on a mobile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pm79
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Will contents of TT one sd card work on a mobile Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I had tom tom one which was stolen from my car recently. I dont want to buy tom tom one again now.

Incidently I had copied all the contents of tom tom one sd card on my pc before it was stolen.

I have got sony eric p910i mobile phone. My question is: If i copy these folders and files on a memory stick for p910i - Will I be able to use tom tom on mobile with the help of a gps receiver. I have got the tom tom one box with the all the codes, etc.

Please help me as I tried to find the questions onthe forums but became more confused.
erniew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

the one card will not work in your phone as is a different operating system

i believe you will have to buy the mobile version

however if you have the codes etc you may be able to go to the tomtom site and download the uodate for mobile 5 and install it onto a memorystick the put the map from your tomtom one into that aplication

i am not sure if it will work but as you only have the backup on your pc why not try and see if it will install before you decide what to do

erniew
pm79
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying. But to try that I'll have to spend on gps reciever and a big memory stick. Are you sure this can work?
erniew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am not sure it will work

it is illegal !!!

however it may work

could you borrow a memory stick from some one and try the method mentioned

if it installs to the momory stick and then works in the phone then you know you just need a bt reciever

if it wont install then you have to buy the whole lot

at least you will know what you have to buy for deffinate

erniew
pm79
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it really illegal? But I bought the tom tom one with the reciept.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm79 wrote:
Thanks for replying. But to try that I'll have to spend on gps reciever and a big memory stick. Are you sure this can work?

It won't work full stop.
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you download the 5.2 update to TomTom Mobile, and buy a voice for TomTom mobile, then it *might* work. You'll have to use an activation code to activate the maps.

Worth trying *before* you get the GPS receiver, btw you should get the TomTom receiver.

And yes, technically it is illegal, but I can't see anything morally wrong with it if you are not using the ONE any more.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it not be easiere to claim on your insurance and either replace the ONE or use the funds to buy TomTom Mobile?

Without the installer you are not going to be able to copy the files to the correct area of the Memstick on a P910, TomTom uses a reserved area not accessible to normal file explorer apps and so you cannot do this manually or at least you cannot do it without some experience and some tools that are far from simple to use.

Even saying that I still don't think it'll work as there is no patch update for the P910 version!
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

Even saying that I still don't think it'll work as there is no patch update for the P910 version!

Didn't know that Embarassed

Insurance, it depends. £200 excess is not uncommon and if it's car insurance you are going to lose part of your no claims. So I wouldn't be surprised if going down the insurance route costs you just as much in the long run as buying a new ONE.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkHewitt wrote:
Insurance, it depends. £200 excess is not uncommon and if it's car insurance you are going to lose part of your no claims. So I wouldn't be surprised if going down the insurance route costs you just as much in the long run as buying a new ONE.

Fair comment.
pm79
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkHewitt wrote:
Darren wrote:

Didn't know that Embarassed

This is the reason I didnt claim it thru the insurance. I am thinking of buying Tomtom mobile for p910i now. Just thinking if I get another compatible nokia phone, can i install the same software inthe nokia phone and use it with another gps Question Wink This way I can have another Sat nav for my wife. Wink

Do you guys think it is possible?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm79 wrote:
This is the reason I didnt claim it thru the insurance. I am thinking of buying Tomtom mobile for p910i now. Just thinking if I get another compatible nokia phone, can i install the same software inthe nokia phone and use it with another gps Question Wink This way I can have another Sat nav for my wife. Wink

Do you guys think it is possible?

It's neither possible nor legal. There are three distinct versions, MS Smartphone, Symbian and UIQ (P910). They are not interchangable. Your licence permits installation on one device only.
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren...on a very similar topic....would appreciate your advice as well, as I too, am confused about what one can and cannot do.
I purchased TT3 Navigator for my HP4150 (Windows 2003), the best part of 3 years back, and subsequently paid TT for the V 5.21 upgrade last year some time.So far, so good.
I have now upgraded my phone to an 'all in one' MDA Vario from T Mobile, running on Windows Mobile 5. Obviously I am now beginning to think that it makes sense to be using the new as the primary device in the car. I think that you can see what's now coming....Can I legitimately 'transfer' over...(although how, I don't know) my existing TT5 system ? To be frank though my wife says 'suppose I want the phone for the day while out shopping?'..which would appear to me to mean that I would then have to revert back to my trusty 4150..assuming that I was out about town. I suppose you could argue that she should have her own phone, which is probably the best option, but what about my TT5 question ?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom state you can 'transfer' the licence from one device to another on the same platform i.e. PocketPC to PocketPC, MS SMartphone to MS Smartphone etc. You cannot legally transfer between different platforms.

You can re-cactivate a single licence a second time after 7 days from initial activation and a third after 180 days. Legally this still permits only a single install, i.e. you 'should' not install on multiple devices.

So in your case, assuming you have never installed on second device you can just install afresh on the MDA and re-activate, www.ttcode.com will happily issue you a second activation. Wether you uninstall the original install on the 4150 is down to you.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: