Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - C550 Questions...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

C550 Questions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: C550 Questions... Reply with quote

Well after many many hours of research I've ordered a C550, just waiting for delivery.

Can anyone confirm if the C550 has a headphone socket, it would be nice for use with the MP3 palyer?

The C550 appears to be identical to the Nuvi 360, just a different form factor & TMC, and becuase it does not include the travel software has an extra 50Mb free. Based on past experience is there any possibility that Garmin may provide the Nuvi travel software for the c550. It would be in Garmins interest to do so as there would be another device that the chargeable software would be compatible with.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: C550 Questions... Reply with quote

SpeedCam wrote:
The C550 appears to be identical to the Nuvi 360, just a different form factor & TMC
I'm interested to hear from you how well the TMC works on the C550 - especially how well the unit keeps the radio signal for the TMC as you travel around - others have found with the GTM10/11 that it needs a connection to the car aerial to work best, something I don't think is an option on the C550. I prefer the Nuvi car mount, but am acutely aware the C550 is available a lot cheaper than a Nuvi 360 with a TMC addon.

Quote:
Based on past experience is there any possibility that Garmin may provide the Nuvi travel software for the c550.
I know the interface looks the same, but I don't know whether or not it's the same underneath. I suspect the only people who can answer are:

a) Garmin themselves (who may still stick to the list of supported products)
b) A shop with the Travel Guide in stock who are willing to let you try it out!

I guess although it could still be used (the C550 has a battery like the Nuvi), it's not quite as pocketable as the Nuvi - hence I'm not sure Garmin will see the demand for supporting the Travel Guide - it's only of use if you have the unit on you at all times and easily accessible - the Nuvi is designed to fit into your pocket - the C550 is more likely to be in your suitcase / bag.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: