Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Favourites from tt5 to tt6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Favourites from tt5 to tt6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Royston
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Favourites from tt5 to tt6 Reply with quote

In tomtom 5 I believe my favourites are stored in a file named Gt Britain Map cfg. I need to transfer them into the seamless european map of tomtom 6. I have searched but I can't see where to drop them in tt6. Any help would save me a lot of time doing all the favourites manually again.

Ipaq 3870
wm 2003
2gb sd card (Standard PQI)
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Favourites from tt5 to tt6 Reply with quote

Royston wrote:
In tomtom 5 I believe my favourites are stored in a file named Gt Britain Map cfg. I need to transfer them into the seamless european map of tomtom 6. I have searched but I can't see where to drop them in tt6. Any help would save me a lot of time doing all the favourites manually again.

Ipaq 3870
wm 2003
2gb sd card (Standard PQI)
Because the file structure is different, you can't just copy the CFG over.
Andy_P2002 wrote:
Its a manual process so depending how many favourites you have, it will take a little bit of time.
1 ) First, create a new POI category (Preferences / Manage POI / Add POI category ). Call it "Favs" or whatever you like.
2 ) Then go Preferences / Manage POI / Add POI / Favourite / and select your first favourite.
3 ) Repeat step 2 for each of you favourites.

The POI file will be found in your map folder, called "Favs.ov2" (if that's what you called it). Just copy that file (and its matching .bmp icon file) to your friends machine's map folder and enable it in the manage POI menu.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Royston
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Favourites tt5 to tt6 Reply with quote

Thanks for your help here. It seems like it will be quicker for me to enter my old favourites from tt5 into my 'add favourite' location in tt6. It was sometimes in tt5 that I would lose my favourites through not shutting down correctly. I always kept a Gt Britain cfg file saved just ready to enter again. I wonder if this loss of favourites continues in tt6. I must remember to close tt6 correctly and not take the sd card out when in use!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you changed your Favourites to a POI Category, as AndyP_2002 suggested, you wouldn't lose them.

Also you would be able to have more than 48.Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
MavAV
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Converting a TTN5 .cfg file into POI's Reply with quote

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have just moved from TTN5 to TTN6. Prior to this I foolishly contacted TT support Rolling Eyes to ask them about transferring favourites between the two versions. They incorrectly stated that all I had to do was rename the TTN5 .cfg file and place it into the appropriate map folder on my SD card. Needless to say TTN6 does not recognise the new .cfg file. Is there any way of converting the data from my TTN5 .cfg file into POI's without first having to uninstall TTN6 and reinstall TTN5?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting a TTN5 .cfg file into POI's Reply with quote

MavAV wrote:
They incorrectly stated that all I had to do was rename the TTN5 .cfg file and place it into the appropriate map folder on my SD card. Needless to say TTN6 does not recognise the new .cfg file.
Did you rename it to MapSettings.cfg?

NOTE the Upper/lower case.;)

MavAV
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting a TTN5 .cfg file into POI's Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Did you rename it to MapSettings.cfg? NOTE the Upper/lower case.;)

Yes I renamed it MapSettings.cfg and it didn't work Crying or Very sad
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting a TTN5 .cfg file into POI's Reply with quote

MavAV wrote:
Oldboy wrote:
Did you rename it to MapSettings.cfg? NOTE the Upper/lower case.;)

The .cfg file must have the same file name as the map folder as viewed in windows.

For example a map folder called "uk_and_ie_plus_major_roads_of_we"

Will need a.cfg file called "uk_and_ie_plus_major_roads_of_we".cfg

Simply rename your TTN5 .cfg file and paste into the map folder.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting a TTN5 .cfg file into POI's Reply with quote

MavAV wrote:
Did you copy it to the New Map Folder?

MavAV wrote:
The .cfg file must have the same file name as the map folder as viewed in windows.

For example a map folder called "uk_and_ie_plus_major_roads_of_we"

Will need a.cfg file called "uk_and_ie_plus_major_roads_of_we".cfg

Simply rename your TTN5 .cfg file and paste into the map folder.

Not on my Classic with Western Europe Maps, or the Maps on a 910.;)

Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Converting a TTN5 .cfg file into POI's Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Not on my Classic with Western Europe Maps, or the Maps on a 910.;)

My mistake Oldboy. Embarassed I transfered favorites for a mate with a V660.1223 map and assumed he was using TTN6. Turned out to be TTN5.2.
MavAV
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting a TTN5 .cfg file into POI's Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Did you copy it to the New Map Folder?

Yes I did.

In the end I removed TTN6, loaded TTN5, saved all my favourites as POI's, removed TTN5 and reinstalled TTN6. That will teach me not to read this forum first!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: