Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Prymenav European software - is there a catch?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Prymenav European software - is there a catch?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sundrum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Prymenav European software - is there a catch? Reply with quote

GPS systems are selling a Fortuna Clip on with Prymenav whole of Europe software for only £40 more than the clip on alone.
I am looking for good reliable software for UK, France and Italy.
Does anyone know if this is as good a bargain as it looks, or is it a case of there being no such thing as a free lunch?
Are the voice instructions for the European version American, English or robot?
Thanks for any advice.

PS No connection with GPS systems.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funnily enough ive just been looking at this i most likely will get this next week and run it side by side with tomotm looks like a good system though

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a link to the deal as I'm not familar with the software?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore the above, just found Alix's post with a link Embarassed
FWIW That software is almost certainly Intellinav, AKA Deluo Routis, Socket MYNavigator and a few more that I have forgotten, I reviewed the Socket version a while back, read the review here.
michaelp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this a few days ago, and it certainly is the one reviewed above. I'm not sure if the version corresponds, it says 1.00.2020
copyright 2002-2004. I'm not qualified to judge but it certainly works well enough for me as a beginner. It seems a bit flaky getting it started, but once running is extremely accurate, and not fallen over once. See my post: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8438&sid=1f1f884dbe17b80cc627b93a1f98af38
It doesn't show the warning screen as in the review, except when I re-set the HP4150, but it may be that I've got it installed in the wrong place, and need to adjust the memory utilisation.
I got this as it seemed an economical way to have the European maps for a week visit to France.
Ratz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Medion software good for Northern Ireland Reply with quote

Just received Medion Navigator for my HP2210. I live in Northern Ireland and other software seems to just ignore our part of the UK. Medion is different. The very avenue I live in is on it.. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting or living here. Ok so you might not have the thrills of 3d view or speed warning but the interface is VERY user friendly, accepts post code searches and even the Isle of Man is pretty much fully mapped, if your a TT fan it could be excellent.
(Ratz)
baldicoot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Medion software good for Northern Ireland Reply with quote

Ratz wrote:
Just received Medion Navigator for my HP2210. I live in Northern Ireland and other software seems to just ignore our part of the UK. Medion is different. The very avenue I live in is on it.. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting or living here. Ok so you might not have the thrills of 3d view or speed warning but the interface is VERY user friendly, accepts post code searches and even the Isle of Man is pretty much fully mapped, if your a TT fan it could be excellent.
(Ratz)

Ratz

Could you please give a bit more info about Medion Navigator (links, where to buy, cost, etc)?

I just received the fortuna/prymenav bundle from gps. They had assured me that if provided full coverage of Ireland (North and South) down to street level. It doesn't. Greater Belfast and some other urban areas are well covered, but there are loads of gaps, eg travelling to Portaferry from Belfast, the map disappears shortly after Newtownards. If there is software that provides better coverage of N Ireland I'd be very interested.

sundrum, as for prymenav in general, I'm undecided at the moment. It has done a good job on several routes for me so far (including finding some routes in Belfast that I didn't think of before!), but on the other hand I've had a few occasions where it completely loses the plot and says "no route to destination", and one occasion when it seemed to be sending me completely the wrong way...

baldicoot
noggin_the_nog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POI-Warner works fine with Navigator, so you can have speed warnings (I have them!).
Navigator v4 has 3D view too.

Personally I don't know why TomTom is rated so highly. I have tried both TTN3 and Navigon Navigator 3 and I find that Nav. 3 is better - maps are better (far fewer inaccuracies) and easier to follow - works 100% reliably with my Fortuna Clip-On

I have been trying to upgrade to Nav. 4, but Navigon have been ignoring my e-mails!

TTN3 is no so good in my opinion, and without the postcode software (free from digitools) its an absolute to enter a location.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: