Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - XDAiis crashing when Tomtom is on
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

XDAiis crashing when Tomtom is on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: XDAiis crashing when Tomtom is on Reply with quote

I've had an XDAiis for just over a year running TTN5 with very little in the way of problems - up till now. My O2 contract came up recently and I got a new phone so took the SIM out of my XDA. Ever since I did this my Tomtom keeps crashing and even when it doesn't crash its extremely slow when just browsing the maps. I've got a feeling its something to do with Bluetooth - I never felt the need to upgrade my ROM of Bluetooth build because it always worked before. Has anyone alse noticed this type of problem if they havn't got a SIM in their XDA? Have I got to change some kind of setting? Will upgrading my ROM/Bluetooth help (I've always been very hesitant about doing this in case it causes more problems) or shall I just pop out and get a cheap SIM to stick in it?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you had the traffic alert running on the phone previously, if so TomTom might be tryng to connect via GPRS which needs a phone connection - just a thought, if so delete the traffic account from the PDA - Mike
Maxi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Have you had the traffic alert running on the phone previously, if so TomTom might be tryng to connect via GPRS which needs a phone connection - just a thought, if so delete the traffic account from the PDA - Mike

No, never used that. Thanks for the reply mike but its definately not the traffic
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxi, I have just pulled the sim out of my IIs and had it running for 30 mins in route demo and with BT GPS connected, it appears to work fine I have the latest O2 ROM loaded version 1.40.00WWE, Ext ROM 1.40.237 WWE, Radio is at 1.12.00 - this is avail from the O2 web site for download if you want to give it a try, but it does involve a hard reset and re-loading all you applications from the PC, don't use a back-up, I am running the phone in corporate mode not personal as the O2 active makes a mess of the device, if this is loaded it could be messing you up - Mike
Maxi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike. It always worked fine before so I never felt the need to update the ROM. I used it at the weekend so put my SIM card back in - it worked fine. As soon as I took my SIM card out - either really slow or just crashes!! I might give the latest ROM a go - do you get Media Player 10 with it?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it comes with Windows Media Player 10,0 Build 15045, do you also have the O2 active stuff on the phone by any chance? - if so take the new ROM upgrade opertunity to get rid of it!
When it installs and configures you will get the chance to select personal or corporate mode, select Corporate and enter 0506 as the code, this stops the rubish going on the phone.
I very nearly got rid of my IIs until I found out about Corp mode, it turned the phone into a different device (you can rely on it) - Mike
Maxi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bl**dy hell Mike you're quick Laughing

Yes I've read about the O2 Active stuff before and yes I've got it on mine but again, it always worked fine before so I never felt the need to take it off! Might give it a go then - did you mean you dont use a back-up or that I shouldn't use a back-up if I hard reset. I've never used any kind of third-party back-up system, just Active Sync - will that be enough? Theres something called xBackup on the programmes menu will I need that? I've downloaded quite a few games, themes, got Real Player for PPC, Microsoft Reader etc etc - am I right in thinking Active Sync wont have made copies of these on my PC?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a read of this http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=28396&sid=44193363e6c1aaf2a6c6390bc67a4da8 it will detail some of the issues I found with the IIs, just use active sync to put everything back on to phone from scratch, if you use a back-up and change the ROM OR change the mode from Personal to Corporate you will make the device even less stable (trust me I have done this) Wink
Sorry for the delay this time!! Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: