Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 5 problem with pda address book
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 5 problem with pda address book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer2006
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: TomTom 5 problem with pda address book Reply with quote

Need some help guys as i cant get tt5 to work with my address book.Every time i try to navigate from my pda address book its says failed! Confused
Is there anybody else had this problem? and is there a fix?
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom 5 problem with pda address book Reply with quote

Hammer2006 wrote:
Need some help guys as i cant get tt5 to work with my address book.Every time i try to navigate from my pda address book its says failed! Confused

I could do with the answer to this as well. Everytime I hit the post code in the address book, I also get 'failed'.
Etwell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you are referring to navigate from 'Contacts'.

If so, I had a similar problem and the answer is here

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34180
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom 5 problem with pda address book Reply with quote

Mikeact wrote:
Hammer2006 wrote:

I could do with the answer to this as well. Everytime I hit the post code in the address book, I also get 'failed'.

It doesn't search by postcode from the contacts list. Instead it uses city and street. See my advice in the post Etwell kindly referred to.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Hammer2006
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the post peter but it still wont work Sad and i did everything you said and all i get is this annoying 'failed' if i click map or navigate.
Just wondering if this is only a problem with the old/original version of tomtom 5 ??
Etwell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using TT 5.2....
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer2006 wrote:
Cheers for the post peter but it still wont work Sad and i did everything you said and all i get is this annoying 'failed' if i click map or navigate.
Just wondering if this is only a problem with the old/original version of tomtom 5 ??

Should work on all versions of TT5 - worked on my original TT5.0. How exactly are you trying this. The trick is to call up the contacts list and then hold the stylus on the contact until the list comes up. when it does do you have the options "navigate to" and "find on map", because they are what you need?

Exactly what message do you get when you try this - is it similar to the one that Etwell was getting (as in the other post)? If so TT is trying to find the address but can't match your fields with its database. Does this happen on all contacts? You could try a nice simple address that you know is correct and is in TT's map. Enter number street name and city as I explained previously and see if it finds it.
Copilot for USA
Hammer2006
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get a straight forward failed all the time even if the address is 100% correct.
I did try without a house number and got the same message as etwell "There is no matching address found, please check that fields contain the correct data"
Been fiddling with it all weekend and so far no luck Sad
Etwell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first line of the address needs to be the house number and the street, nothing else. No house names,commas, full stops or anything like that.

On the next line put the town,district, county etc. these can all be on one line.

Give that a try.

If you are syncing from MS Outlook there is a separate address window there. Do the same.

Good luck.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are getting that message then the programme is working but can't find your address. Have you tried entering that addresses in Outlook in the way that I suggested (making sure you have a pop up box that requires you to enter street, city etc in seperate fields) and then re-syncing the PDA? Have you tried to see if TT recognises the address when you enter it directly?
Copilot for USA
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if it's; Flat 5, 28 High street ??....ignore Flat 5 because I obviously know it ?
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikeact wrote:
And if it's; Flat 5, 28 High street ??....ignore Flat 5 because I obviously know it ?

As I said in the other post TT has real difficulty with multi-entry fields. It won't read your "Flat 5 etc" example because it cannot identify the street it is looking for. Is it called "Flat" or is it called "High Street"? It will not ignore any part of the entry. Remember most computers are incredibly fast working idiots.

If you want it to work in your example then in Outlook you need to remove any reference to the Flat in the Street field (and re-sync of course). That then makes your contacts list a lot less suitable for its many other uses, such as finding what a contact's address is, printing off a label etc.
Copilot for USA
Hammer2006
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had another fiddle with it today and i can get my contacts to work with tt but only if i turn on tomtom manually after i get the failed message and once tt is on the contact address is there waiting for me.Seems weird why? but at least its working of sorts.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: