Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom BT GPS fixes reliability
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom BT GPS fixes reliability

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuyM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Tomtom BT GPS fixes reliability Reply with quote

Wonder if anyone can help - I have just bought a Tomtom Navigator 2 BT GPS bundle and installed it - without difficulty. Powered up and Bond created - the GPS status says 6 or 7 satellites all the time, with correct lat/long. However when trying to plan a route I always get the message "will plan route when GPS position becomes reliable" - this after 3 hours and having done a "reset GPS location". Is there something I have forgotten to do - or must it be powered on for days for the first reliable fix? Help!

Thanks, Guy
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Tomtom BT GPS fixes reliability Reply with quote

Are you by any chance sat in your garden when you get this message? It can only plan a route when it detects it is actually positioned on a road. If you take a quick drive it will sort itself out
clivers
Regular Visitor

i have a similar problem using a navman sleeve

what ive found is that if its on the map view it does not work

so tap the screen tap more and tap hide map

then watch the screen until it displays where you are then go back and turn on the map view

i have a 3970 if thats of any difference
GuyM
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the advice - I drove around a bit and it sorted itself out - comes of living a fair way from a road. There are errors in the map though - sees to get the right place but wrong lable, for example, Newton Road in Romsey Hampshire is correctly positioned on the map, but the bale says its in Powys (Wales?) thanks for the help.

Guy
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

The counties / administrative areas in Navigator 2 are best ignored in a lot of cases. When displaying the one that relates to a particular location, Navigator seems always to pick a particular option in its database, rather than the correct one. For example, the whole of Marylebone (London) is listed as Marylebone (Wigan).

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: