Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Wrong side of the road!?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Wrong side of the road!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThomasG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Wrong side of the road!? Reply with quote

Hi

I've just downloaded the database for the first time and installed it on my new TomTom One (v. 5.420). It works perfectly and I really like it.

However, I found that a few cameras I came across this morning appear on the wrong side of the road which means I don't get warned as they aren't on my route as such.

Is there anywhere they can be reported and changed in the database? Or is it user error!?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but there's still so much I need to learn 8O

Thank you
Thomas
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom only understands a "route" as a carriageway, so a single carriageway road is one "route" and a dual carriageway is two.
This means a lot of people complain about the OPPOSITE problem, that the TomTom warns them about cameras on the other side of the road when it "shouldn't".

In your case however, the only reasons why it should fail to warn you that I can think of are:
a) those particular camera positions have been entered slightly "off-road" so with the "warn only when on route" option ticked, they are not triggering. Unlikely that several should be like that, though.
b) You haven't set up EVERY camera category to warn you (in change preferences/manage POI/ warn when near POI
c) If "warn only when on route" is ticked and you are just driving around WITH NO ROUTE SET, then nothing will trigger. An annoying "feature" that one.
ThomasG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I've checked again on the way home last night and it really looks like two of the cameras appear on the wrong side of the road. I checked categories and everything else you suggested and I have now unset the option to only warn when the camera is on route so I get all the warnings now but it also warns me of a camera which is on a motorway that I only go across over a bridge Confused

Oh well... I guess any warning is better than nothing :D

By the way... if I get the correct coordinates for those two cameras can I report them to someone so they get changed in the database?

Thanks again

Thomas
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThomasG wrote:
By the way... if I get the correct coordinates for those two cameras can I report them to someone so they get changed in the database?

Thanks again

Thomas

Indeed you can, any additions, corrections or deletions should be sent to cameras@pocketgpsworld.com Smile
ThomasG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Will send details to that address when I have recorded the coordinates.

Cheers
:D
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's easier, they have always been happy to accept a POI ov2 file as an email attachment when you want to report new cameras.

Just mark the position with "Add POI" (or "Add Favourite" then move it) into a new POI category, then send the ov2 off to them.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: