Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT5.1 Night Mode
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT5.1 Night Mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WeeHappyPixie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: TT5.1 Night Mode Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Hope someone can help me here. I have TomTom Navigator 5.1 which run's from the SD card. It is running on an HX4700.

I have my day and night colour scheme's set to Brittanica in the settings. Day works OK but when I change to Night it always reverts to Africa and then I have to go back into prefs and change it back. The moment I change back to Day then Night the night mode goes back to Africa.

Is there a problem saving the Night scheme. TomTom saves the Day scheme Ok but no matter what I do I cannot get it to save the Night scheme.

Please help if you can.

Cheers,

John
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you want Night mode set to 'Britannica'? Surely that would make it the same as Day mode?
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi WeeHappyPixie,

There are a couple of day schemes that are very similar, Britannica is one of them and I've forgotten the other one (sorry my PPC isn't close to hand at the moment).

If your SatNav isn't saving details for next time you use it then:

1. Do you exit (shutdown) TomTom Navigator or just hit the switch on the hx4700? You should always fully exit TomTom Navigator.

2. Is the write protect switch on your SD card set to protect?

3. Is the config (Great_Britain_Plus-Map.cfg or Great_Britain-Map.cfg) file set to Read only?

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: TT5.1 Night Mode Reply with quote

WeeHappyPixie wrote:
Hi folks,

Hope someone can help me here. I have TomTom Navigator 5.1 which run's from the SD card. It is running on an HX4700.

I have my day and night colour scheme's set to Brittanica in the settings. Day works OK but when I change to Night it always reverts to Africa and then I have to go back into prefs and change it back. The moment I change back to Day then Night the night mode goes back to Africa.

Is there a problem saving the Night scheme. TomTom saves the Day scheme Ok but no matter what I do I cannot get it to save the Night scheme.

Please help if you can.

Cheers,

John

John,

You will find that there is no need to change to a night setting, if you have already set Brittanica up as a daytime map and want to use it at night as well. If you do select night setting from the menu, I think you will find that it will automatically default to the last 'night map' that was selected...

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
WeeHappyPixie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

Cheers for your suggestions. I have tried them all to no avail.

SD card is not write protected. The map.cfg file is not read only. I always close down with the exit button then wait about 5 seconds before switching off power.

If I select day mode then it uses Britanica. If I select Night mode it uses Africa. If I then go into settings and set night mode to Britanica then it will use Britanica in night mode until I exit the application. After restating the application it reverts back to Africa.

I have just gotten into the habbit of leaving it in day Britanica mode and turning down the brightness on the PDA till I can find a fix that works.

Cheers for all your suggestions so far.

John

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: