Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PLUS Activation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PLUS Activation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: PLUS Activation Reply with quote

OK had some fun putting in the PLUS but all I get is a connection to the TT web site via the PDA then "promotion allready activated for this device Error code 2007" - As I havn't activated it and the service doesn't work (I just get re-directed to the activation screen each time I select Traffic) - Not seen this before or is it still their web site playing up? - any advice much appreciated - Mike
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you removed pda from active sync .i've always had problems while connected ,so i think you have to go via ppc
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried it via GPRS - it connects OK but still returns the same error message and won't work? - Mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called tt support this morning and its all sorted now, use the password plus the first time, then the tt supplied password to get it working, very efficient help line, couldn't fault it - even gave me info over the phone to get it up and running when remote from home pc 10 out of 10 as far as Iam concerned - 200 miles each tomorrow so will see how good it is but so far very impressed - mike
leonardo1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Do I have to log in each time? Reply with quote

Hi

I just activated the 30-day trial of Traffic but each time I click on the Traffic icon from the Main menu on my PDA, it asks me to enter my username and password.

I presume the password is the one that Tomtom email to you after you logged in first time using (PLUS) as the password?

I didn't manage to get it connected either, so the next time I tried it, it asked for my username/password again.

How can I make it store my username/password so I don't have to keep entering it? If I have made a successful connection would it have remember it then, or is there somewhere where I can store this information?

This is driving me round the bend (no pun intended!).

Cheers

Len
TomTom powered cradle
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Len, have you got the TT unit connected via Bluetoth to your phone? and secondly do you have a working GPRS connection on the phone? - the TT unit needs to see the TT traffic server in order to work to if the conection is not there it won't work - first place to start looking to de-bug it - Mike
leonardo1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth phone Reply with quote

Hi

Yes I have a Nokie 6680 that I normally use along with my PDA to access the internet everyday, usually to log into MSN Messenger and read emails, so I know the setup works.

But when Tomtom tries to log into its server it fails. So why is that?

A couple of times I tried it, it managed to dial the *99# no but last couple of times, this dialog didn't come up saying it's trying to dial. The BT on the PDA is on since it's talking to the BT GPS. Strange.

Len
TomTom powered cradle
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User name is the e-mail address you supplied to TT when you regestered, the password you need is the one that TT e-mailed to you (you only PLUS the first time) once it hooks up it should connect and work, how long is it since you activated the TT software ?- as the free trial is only valid for a month (mine expired after 6 days as I didn't try it for the first few weeks) - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: