Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - formatting 700
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

formatting 700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hawkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: formatting 700 Reply with quote

Is it possible to format the hard drive in my 700, then reload a nice fresh un-meddled with firmware/software. I have kept a back up ( used the disk that came with tom, and it stored it somewhere on my PC ( it does not specify file destination when you use the back up facility) but I assume it will know where to look if I use the same utility to "restore"
Just curious, as I am having a couple of probs lately ( since I loaded on the safety cam data, and a few other POIs, and replacememnt warning voices data.chk) I also just updated the version to the newly released 5.420, but this has made no difference.
Also, It now refuses to connect to my bluetooth phone, saying "no phones found, please make sure ...etc etc. ) When I scan for devices ( using the phone) it finds the tom tom go700, but will not "connect"
I just thought i could try and "re-boot with a clean install" a la PC formatted hard drive etc etc. Any ideas??? TY
PS any other ways to do a fresh clean install??
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always do my backups by drag and drop. Then I know where the files are!! Make sure you did a full backup and not the quick "personal settings only" one. Full backup takes about 7 minutes on a USB2 PC or an hour on USB1.

You can then do a clean install/format. But I would check the phone posts for clues before doing anything as drastic as a format.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
TuurG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the backup is saved in My Documents\TomTom GO Backup\
hawkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for that so far.....
I have also got a drag and drop set of all the folders from the tom tom on my desktop ( I did this before loading the camera database etc ) what I just need confirmation of is that I could now format my tt700 drive ( just as per formatting a regular hard drive) and then simply copy and paste these original tt folders back into the tt.
IE if I format the tt will it still show up ok as drive on "my computer", and what if anything will happen to the firmware. PS when you say browse the phone forums do you mean there are some on this site..or elsewhere? never needed a phone forum/ewsgroup b4 this blasted bluetooth contraption :-) I was using a 8 yr old Nokia - only using this new one ( motorola V545 ) 'cos it came free with my tt700 (Comet 500 )
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant 'browse or search the TomTom Go forums' for the various problems and solutions that people have been having with phone connection.

The two I know about are this forum and This One
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: